Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 79
Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

I watched an FHP trooper stop a van the other day. Approached it the same way as we were told nearly 40 years ago. Stay to the rear of the driver's door. Ask the driver to hand the info out the window and to the rear. Use the driverside mirror to watch the driver.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    and it wont be me getting dragged from my car during a stop if it happens to either of us, I assure you.
    And if a cop drags me out of the car because he finds out I have a CPL when he calls my driver's license in, then he is going to be defending his actions in court, because the possession of a CPL is not reasonable and articulable suspicion that the individual is armed and dangerous, which is the minimum requirement for an officer to be justified in performing a Terry Search. AND, after he finds out that I do have a CPL, and asks me if I am armed, and I say yes, and he pulls me out of the car to do a Terry Search, I would suggest that he would be on shaky ground proving reasonable suspicion that I was dangerous - because the state has already determined, by issuing my permit, that I am not dangerous.

And again, it isn't me against the cops.... but I did take an oath to SUPPORT and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC.

I'd like to reiterate the point
    "There isnt a single thing wrong with LAW ABIDING citizens ASSISTING LAW ENFORCEMENT in any and every REASONABLE manner possible. Even if its just helping them feel more at ease so they know this traffic stop isnt one where they got shot at or killed."

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    And if a cop drags me out of the car because he finds out I have a CPL when he calls my driver's license in, then he is going to be defending his actions in court, because the possession of a CPL is not reasonable and articulable suspicion that the individual is armed and dangerous, which is the minimum requirement for an officer to be justified in performing a Terry Search. AND, after he finds out that I do have a CPL, and asks me if I am armed, and I say yes, and he pulls me out of the car to do a Terry Search, I would suggest that he would be on shaky ground proving reasonable suspicion that I was dangerous - because the state has already determined, by issuing my permit, that I am not dangerous.

And again, it isn't me against the cops.... but I did take an oath to SUPPORT and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC.
    Please.
    My brother in law and sister didnt have to have a CHL to be dragged from their car and get a knee to their face by two big Cops.
    Lets STOP pretending like a BAD cop needs the excuse of a CHL, friend. They dont.

You have TWO choices with bad cops.
    Resist arrest and lose your CHL.
    Go ahead and cooperate and sue the hell out of the PD, just like two members of my family did and it not only cost those cops their cushy jobs, but 5 figure dollar amounts were awarded for damages.

One more time, the COPs ARENT our enemies. Felons are.
    Im not treating every cop out there as if hes a jerk because of your paranoia or because a FEW cops need to be fired.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Im not treating every cop out there as if hes a jerk because of your paranoia or because a FEW cops need to be fired.
    Well, at least we have one thing in common... neither am I. I am just not going to tell him I have a lawfully carried gun, because it is none of his business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    One more time, the COPs ARENT our enemies. Felons are.

It isn't a question of being a jerk to the cops. I'm polite I just dn't see the need to volunteer that I'm armed and in my state they will not know about my permit by running my license.

The last three time I was pulled over It was by the State Police and all 3 time they told me I was or wasn't getting a ticket before I even handed them my license.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It isn't a question of being a jerk to the cops. I'm polite I just dn't see the need to volunteer that I'm armed and in my state they will not know about my permit by running my license.

The last three time I was pulled over It was by the State Police and all 3 time they told me I was or wasn't getting a ticket before I even handed them my license.
    Its all nice and well.
    You folks do things how you choose to do them and I'll continue to inform either way.
    Not much more point in discussing it. Not like anyones going to actually agree :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Its all nice and well.
    You folks do things how you choose to do them and I'll continue to inform either way.
    Not much more point in discussing it. Not like anyones going to actually agree :)
    You don't have a choice an d if I lived in Ohio I would inform as well. But we do have a choice
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101
    You'll have to forgive me, NavyLT, but I put you on ignore because I didnt join up here to argue with you or anyone else. So Im putting you on ignore at this point...

You can have your opinion, I have mine, and Ive enough experience with GOOD cops that I'll be damned if Im letting someones delusional paranoia cause me to start treating them like enemies.

Ive submitted to car searches when the situation warranted it and cops asked politely and I'll do it again if it comes up like it did in the past.
    I'll inform EVERY time, carrying or not, as long as any part of the law here requires me to.
    And I might just inform in both cases even if we get the requirement removed.
    Law enforcement isnt my enemy unless *I* am a criminal.
    If ONE cop does something wrong, comply and SUE. Dont treat the rest of LEO's unjustly over the idiocy of the few.

Thats no better than ALL of us being treated like felons because ONE gun owner goes on a rampage.

Again, you have a nice day. :)
    I am just amazed at such venom directed at those people whose only expression has been that the Constitution is important to them and they choose to exercise those rights that are protected by the Constitution. We'll see if I am REALLY on the ignore list...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I am just amazed at such venom directed at those people whose only expression has been that the Constitution is important to them and they choose to exercise those rights that are protected by the Constitution. We'll see if I am REALLY on the ignore list...
    Frankly the only venom Ive seen here is directed at our fine Law Enforcement personnel.
    The deserve to be treated with respect in the SAME way YOU want to be treated with respect. And that includes giving them some peace of mind.

As I said before, you and I are done. On ignore you go. I didnt join up to argue with folks who disrespect LEO's.
    Clearly you are a troll who is purposefully trying to provoke. Youre not worth the effort or the irritation.

Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast