Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 81
Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucenut View Post
    Polite and reasonable citizens defend their rights! You go ahead and give up your weapon, consent to vehicle/cavity searches...

Are you going to be polite when they come to confiscate your weapons? That is going to make them feel safer. That's your goal right?
    Utter paranoia.
    IF and WHEN traffic stops have become confiscation, then we'll talk.
    As I said, UNTIL cops become my enemy I'll treat them with the same respect I want them to treat me with.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    If you choose to inform that's your choice. I think it will back fire on you at some point but it is your choice.

What bothers me is the meme (look it up) that those of us who choose not to inform when we are not legally required to do so are somehow trouble making radicals that view all cops as "the enemy".

If I don't inform a cop in Colorado I am one hundred percent in compliance w/ Colorado law. If the State doesn't think it neccessary that I inform why should I listen to you?
    Well, at least you have the common decency to just accept that it IS my right.
    A couple folks here seem to think they have some authority to tell me what I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    Routine traffic stop. Officer asks for license, registration and proof of insurance. I carry reg and insurance in a folder on the dash. License is in my left rear pocket. Upon reaching for any of these the LEO gets a glimpse of my firearm somehow. A routine thing has now got me looking into the barrel of his weapon. I understand why he has done this. And I sure don't want to be in that position.

HOWEVER.................

I also believe that if people elect not to tell a LEO when it is not required they are not "trouble making radicals that view all cops as "the enemy"". Treo is spot on here.
    Absolutely agree that not informing does not, by default, mean that the person carrying sees cops as the 'enemy'...I do see, however, posts in this forum by a couple folks that absolutely comes off as sounding like LEO's are the enemy.

Its not the failure to inform so much as this attitude presented by a handful of posters in these threads.
    Their attitude is a huge part of the problem here. LEO's put their lives on the line every day dealing with routine traffic stops and criminals are enough to have to deal with. They certainly dont need jerkoff CCW'ers acting like Rambo when its not called for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Their attitude is a huge part of the problem here. They certainly dont need jerkoff CCW'ers acting like Rambo when its not called for.
    I agree, in general LEO's need to work on improving their attitude toward the average citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I am amazed at people who think that "telling a cop" (when it's not required) that they have a CCW is being respectful. It has nothing to do with a traffic stop. It has nothing to do with the "safety" of the officer. The only safety that it might affect is if the cop would insist on handling the gun, disarming the CCW holder, and exposing everyone to danger by handling a gun that he might not be familiar with.
    Yeah, well, we can easily see that YOU havent actually had a trooper freak out and draw a gun over something that took him by surprise.
    When it does you get back with me.
    I'll keep informing to do what I can to avoid the situation.
    I couldnt care less what you wish to think. This trooper WAS fearful that his life was in danger simply because a ********** person in the car decided to jump out the passenger side door after the stop had begun.
    You folks like twitchy cops...thats YOUR choice.
    You like making them feel like they are about to be shot at ? thats YOUR choice.
    But dont play the game of accusing me of not being honest in MY motivations that ARE about treating the LEO respectfully and about safety in general.
    If you want to call me a liar, at least be forthright and do it directly

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I agree, in general LEO's need to work on improving their attitude toward the average citizen.
    I meant the attitude of the CCWer :)
    You know, like we're seeing in this thread.

Thumbs down Attitudes

I meant the attitude of the CCWer :)
    You know, like we're seeing in this thread.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I see you used *'s to get a word on one of your posts past the language filter. And you want to lecture posters like NavyLT, Theo and kelcarry about their attitudes? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I see you used *'s to get a word on one of your posts past the language filter. And you want to lecture posters like NavyLT, Theo and kelcarry about their attitudes? Sheesh.
    Wow.
    So you see the word ass as somehow being on the same level as treating cops like criminals ?
    That might explain a few things.
    Huh. Filter didnt catch that.
    Maybe I did it simply because of a little courtesy...hmmmm

Yeah, well, we can easily see that YOU havent actually had a trooper freak out and draw a gun over something that took him by surprise.
    When it does you get back with me.
    While I think there is some legitimacy to what you are saying here, I also think that if the cop sees your gun your concealment is fail.

I havenít been pulled over in about a year but when it happens I reach for my wallet before I even pull over and I have it in my hands (which are in plain view on the steering wheel) before the cop even makes it to my door. Now there is no chance for the cop to mistake what Iím doing as I reach for a wallet. My hands are in plain sight the whole time heís by my window. Problem solved

Sometimes I carry on my seat and in that case I would hand him the permit first thing because heís going to see the gun.

As for the whole get back to me thing, let us know when you meet (and you will eventually) an anti cop who decides to bust your chops because informing immediately wasnít soon enough for him
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

11. I am still trying to figure out how I am treating police officers like criminals.

Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast