Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 86
Page 86 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    "Had I cussed at them like some morons do and started rambling about my rights, yeah..that would be acting like an ass ..." This explains you and your intent on this forum.
    1...do NOT tell me what my intent is for signing up here.
    If you dont like my posts feel free to put me on ignore. I signed up here to read and post just like everyone else.
    My post was clear enough. Its not my problem if you have comprehension issues.

"Rights" talk is not rambling. Cussing an LEO does not describe a single participant in this forum so that makes you the only "ass" to even suggest it. You should not even be allowed to own a gun because you're not an American and you're obviously a kid. You're too ignorant to be an American and that makes you dangerous and suspect.
    For one, son, I am a grandfather a few times over.
    Secondly *I* go out of my way to obey EVERY law that applies to me...how about YOU? So please dont waste either of our times making idiot claims that Im not qualified to carry.
    Thirdly, YOUR attitude seemingly would make YOU the one who might need to be watched for suspicious behavior.

Anyone who treats a LEO disrespectfully deserves the beatdown they will inevitably get.
    And secondly they are no better than the corrupt cops I see so many complaining about on these types of forums.
    If you WANT respect then BE respectful...simple as that.
    Play the tough guy **** with a cop and well, its just funny when they beat the hell out of you.

anything more...or should we just ignore each other from now on ?

Obvious troll is Obvious
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Anyone who treats a LEO disrespectfully deserves the beatdown they will inevitably get.
    Well, there you have it.

Can you point to the provision of the Ohio Revised Code which allows an LEO to give somebody a "beatdown" for being "disrespectful"?

Of course "disrespectful" REALLY needs to be defined, DOESN'T it? How do YOU define it?
    • Failure to render extra-legal "courtesies"?
    • Failure to be obsequious?
    • Failure to consent to extra-legal searches?
    • Failure to speak without benefit of counseling?
    • Recording an LEO encounter?

Is it just me or does there seem to be an overly excessive amount of badge polishers on this thread?

I don't care if someone says to the officer "What do you want bacon boy." when pulled over or stopped. Being disrespectful is not a free pass for an officer to violate a persons rights. There is no law that says we have to be respectful to anyone that we come in contact with.

One of the best LE interactions I've seen where a person stopped was being disrespectful.
    Some Profanity
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Is it just me or does there seem to be an overly excessive amount of badge polishers on this thread?

I don't care if someone says to the officer "What do you want bacon boy." when pulled over or stopped. Being disrespectful is not a free pass for an officer to violate a persons rights. There is no law that says we have to be respectful to anyone that we come in contact with.

One of the best LE interactions I've seen where a person stopped was being disrespectful.
    I am 100% supportive of being 100% polite, respectful and professional to police officers (and bank tellers, convenience store cashiers, sanitation workers, janitors and gun grabbing liberals.) I will politely, respectfully and professionally NOT tell an officer about the presence of my gun if I am not required to by law. I will politely, respectfully and professionally decline to show them ID or CPL if I am not required to do so by law. And I will ALWAYS politely, respectfully and professionally refuse to give consent to any search.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Well, there you have it.

Can you point to the provision of the Ohio Revised Code which allows an LEO to give somebody a "beatdown" for being "disrespectful"?

Of course "disrespectful" REALLY needs to be defined, DOESN'T it? How do YOU define it?
    • Failure to render extra-legal "courtesies"?
    • Failure to be obsequious?
    • Failure to consent to extra-legal searches?
    • Failure to speak without benefit of counseling?
    • Recording an LEO encounter?
    I think we BOTH know what Im talking about.
    The LEO asks you to sign a speeding ticket and you refuse and then cause an escalation.
    As I said, show respect and you GET respect.
    Treat the LEO like you WANT to be treated or get what you get.
    See the video posted by someone else above.
    That guy could have taken the ticket without acting like an ass.
    That cop should have arrested his worthless hide on the spot...doesnt matter if he didnt assault the cop or not.
    Disorderly conduct is enough to get arrested over and frankly it happens a LOT during traffic stops...and we ALL know it here.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I am 100% supportive of being 100% polite, respectful and professional to police officers (and bank tellers, convenience store cashiers, sanitation workers, janitors and gun grabbing liberals.) I will politely, respectfully and professionally NOT tell an officer about the presence of my gun if I am not required to by law. I will politely, respectfully and professionally decline to show them ID or CPL if I am not required to do so by law. And I will ALWAYS politely, respectfully and professionally refuse to give consent to any search.
    As long as you have OBEYED the law and done as the LEO instructs, then I dont see any problem.

*I* choose to inform if Im not carrying...thats MY choice and its NOONEs business on this forum....period.
    And if they want to search my car and the situation warrants it (as it did the one time I did submit to a search), then I'll do it every time.
    Cops find BAD guys during traffic stops every day. They dont know me from Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    No one is requiring you to read my posts.
    I have fantastic interactions with LEOs OUR taxes pay to do the job we ask them to do and I'll be damned if Im going to make that job harder.
    If the back wood Rambos here like to cause problems with a cops at a traffic stop instead of treating them as they want the LEO to treat them....then they get what they get.

Some Profanity
    YouTube - Maine State Trooper
    That particular cop went above and beyond the call of duty as far as patience.
    The guy was acting badly enough to warrant SERIOUS suspicion of drug abuse and frankly if I were that LEO Id have arrested him for disorderly conduct at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Agreed. I also try to be polite and respectful with everyone I come into contact with. Not informing of the presence of a firearm is not being disrespectful. Refusing unlawful search or seizure on the grounds of "it's our right to refuse" is not being disrespectful. I really can not comprehend the mentality of those that think it is.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    As long as you have OBEYED the law and done as the LEO instructs, then I dont see any problem.
    I notice you included "and done as the LEO instructs." There is no need to include "and done as the LEO instructs." LEO instruct people to do things all the time that they have no duty to obey. Their badge does not require nor warrant my following 100% of their instructions.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 86 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast