Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 94
Page 94 of 117 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1169

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

  1. Ruger357SP101,

    You claim that it is good and proper to consent to a search of a vehicle because the cop is just trying to catch criminals and that the cop doesn't know you or I from Adam. You claim that the cops are no strangers to us because they wear a badge or a uniform. All I am doing is pointing out that we don't know who is wearing that badge or uniform, nor do we know what their intentions are.

    Cop Convicted of Sexual Abuse - New York News - Runnin' Scared

    How many millions of people do cops stop every month in routine traffic stops, write the ticket and that's it? Yet you seem to think that because they catch a handful of criminals during these stops that it is perfectly acceptable for police to treat every person stopped as a potential criminal by asking to search the trunk of their cars because, after all, you never know, there just might be a dead body in there.

    Yet you think we are paranoid and delusional to say that caution is warranted when dealing with police because there are a few, a very small minority of bad cops out there.

    When dealing with police, it does absolutely no harm to cooperate only to the minimum extent required by law. And, one never knows, maybe it will save you from a robbery, a rape, or an illegal confinement in jail because they found what they claimed was a joint of marijuana which turned out to be a soda straw wrapper.

    You have absolutely no problem with a police officer's lack of trust of us, but, OMG, don't mistrust a cop..... that's just being paranoid and delusional.

    Why do you even carry a gun? Isn't carrying a gun paranoid and delusional according to your standards? Chances are 1 in a million you will ever need to use it. Billions of people live their whole entire lives and never need to use any weapon to defend themselves with.

    I am not advocating shooting cops. But shooting criminals in self defense is certainly acceptable... even if that criminal is wearing a badge and a uniform.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #932
    again...
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    And then there is this guy, who just likes to stop motorists:

    Federal police officer sentenced for illegal traffic stops *| ajc.com

    But, yeah, of course you are right, cops aren't strangers to us, right, especially wearing those nice, highly polished badges.

    Apparently this guy didn't get his driver's license out quickly enough and just got what he deserved, right...or maybe he even, OMG, cussed at the officer!

    Texas cop guilty of official oppression | KXAN.com
    Sorry pal but these stories are on BOTH sides of the tracks.

    Traffic Stop Gone Bad - Cop Shot In Face ..
    Traffic Stop Gone Bad - Cop Shot In Face

    If you want to have a little game of who can show the most violence by one or the other Im quite positive I can bring a lot more to bear about COPS being shot and killed then you can about cops raping someone.
    Care to give it a shot?
    Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I thought all you concealed carry folks talk about your element of surprise all the time? Why should I give up my element of surprise just because the stranger at my window is wearing a badge?
    So whats your plan, pal?
    You advocating shooting a cop here or what?
    Because it sure as hell sounds like you are
    .


    Maybe the FBI or ATF should be keeping an eye on you.

  4. #933
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Ruger357SP101,

    You claim that it is good and proper to consent to a search of a vehicle because the cop is just trying to catch criminals and that the cop doesn't know you or I from Adam. You claim that the cops are no strangers to us because they wear a badge or a uniform. All I am doing is pointing out that we don't know who is wearing that badge or uniform, nor do we know what their intentions are.
    Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I thought all you concealed carry folks talk about your element of surprise all the time? Why should I give up my element of surprise just because the stranger at my window is wearing a badge?
    Ill ask you again...
    Are you advocating shooting a cop here or what?
    Because it sure as hell sounds like you are.


    You ARE saying something here, pal, that much is clear.
    At the very least you seem to be instructing us to not stop for LEOs who are trying to pull us over.

  5. Post #931.

    I am just saying the "element of surprise" is the sacred cow to some CCers, yet those same CCers give it up first thing when there is a guy with a badge around even though they have no idea who that guy with a badge is or what his intentions are.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #935
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Thats right..all cops are bad cops and are out to get you
    Some of them are.

    I have no way to know which ones.

    Trusting them without personal knowledge of their individual character is absolutely off the table.

    I don't care what you think about it.

  7. #936
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    How many millions of people do cops stop every month in routine traffic stops, write the ticket and that's it? Yet you seem to think that because they catch a handful of criminals during these stops that it is perfectly acceptable for police to treat every person stopped as a potential criminal by asking to search the trunk of their cars because, after all, you never know, there just might be a dead body in there.
    1. If ONE felon is busted during a stop it is enough.
    2. REGARDLESS of whether felons are busted during a stop or not YOU STILL ARE REQUIRED to STOP when law enforcement is pulling you over.
    3. Your paranoid delusion about cops raping you do NOT nullify that you are lawfully REQUIRED to STOP if they are trying to pull you over.
    4. Who in the hell said anything about it being acceptable to treat a speeder as anything more than a speeder at a traffic stop, pal?

    5. Are you capable of coherent thoughts and concepts?


    Yet you think we are paranoid and delusional to say that caution is warranted when dealing with police because there are a few, a very small minority of bad cops out there.
    And YOU seem to think you dont have to stop for a LEO for speeding just because you found a video on youtube about a bad cop.

    When dealing with police, it does absolutely no harm to cooperate only to the minimum extent required by law.
    When dealing with the police it does ZERO harm for the LAW ABIDING to cooperate in any way they feel to at that particular point in time.

    If a cop....or ANY ELSE....wants to DO HARM to someone, including rape, they WILL find a way to do it...that much is fact.


    And, one never knows, maybe it will save you from a robbery, a rape, or an illegal confinement in jail because they found what they claimed was a joint of marijuana which turned out to be a soda straw wrapper.
    I'll ask you AGAIN....what is it that you are advocating here, pal.
    Your deranged posts are getting worse by the minute, so much so that it literally sounds like you are suggesting that others break the law to keep from being pulled over.
    One could take your posts as actually suggesting using a CC weapon against law enforcement !
    You have absolutely no problem with a police officer's lack of trust of us, but, OMG, don't mistrust a cop..... that's just being paranoid and delusional.
    Please dont waste your time inserting your BS theories in to my words.
    I have a problem with cops who abuse their authority, just like I have a problem with citizens who take out their paranoia on all cops over some damned youtube video or news story.

    There are FAR less bad cops than felons.

    Why do you even carry a gun?
    Sure as hell not for use on law enforcement as you seem to be suggesting here, pal.
    Isn't carrying a gun paranoid and delusional according to your standards?
    Hardly.

    Chances are 1 in a million you will ever need to use it. Billions of people live their whole entire lives and never need to use any weapon to defend themselves with.
    Now you prove your delusion.
    There are dogs right in my neighborhood here, two of which Ive had to nearly shoot, one was just yesterday when I was out with my grandson.
    I guess that shoots down this one in million fallacy.

    I am not advocating shooting cops. But shooting criminals in self defense is certainly acceptable... even if that criminal is wearing a badge and a uniform.
    Yeah....I think the FBI might need to keep an eye on you.

  8. #937
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Some of them are.

    I have no way to know which ones.

    Trusting them without personal knowledge of their individual character is absolutely off the table.

    I don't care what you think about it.
    So I'll ask you too then.
    What are you advocating here?
    A 'bad' cop tries to pull you over and search your car without a warrant...what are you going to do about it? Pull your gun ?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101
    And YOU seem to think you dont have to stop for a LEO for speeding just because you found a video on youtube about a bad cop.
    Show me once where I said that. You need to go back to the Brady Campaign with your nonsensical emotional ramblings where you will be welcome.

    All I said was be cautious...

    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #939
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Post #931.

    I am just saying the "element of surprise" is the sacred cow to some CCers, yet those same CCers give it up first thing when there is a guy with a badge around even though they have no idea who that guy with a badge is or what his intentions are.
    I have all the surprise I need, poster.
    And I assure you that I have never even considered using that against one of our LEO's.
    You are seriously deranged and need to seek professional help.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    I have all the surprise I need, poster.
    And I assure you that I have never even considered using that against one of our LEO's.
    You are seriously deranged and need to seek professional help.
    At least you probably don't have to worry about any of them raping you. It's OK, though, he is a cop.... just let him finish his business and then take him to court. Don't fight back, though, because he is a cop... Rapes only last a few minutes anyway, if your lucky. But, yeah, never resist a cop, even committing a violent criminal act... because he is esteemed LEO with a shiny badge.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 94 of 117 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Commonsense in Concealed Carry, and Gunfights
    By Kaymen in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 06:11 AM
  2. Travel to Ohio from MA
    By DickL in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 03:07 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 10:32 PM
  4. A LEO speaks about citizens & CC
    By Glock Fan in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
  5. Inside A Concealed Carry Class
    By lukem in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast