Inform the officer or not when concealed carry? - Page 97
Page 97 of 117 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Inform the officer or not when concealed carry?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    ^^^^^ Translated that means, "Well, crap, I can't say she should shoot, because then I would be saying she should shoot a police officer. I can't say she should not shoot, because then everybody will jump on me for saying she should not defend herself against rape. Damn it. What can I do..... I know, I'll post some for nonsensical drivel and maybe nobody will notice what a quandary I've gotten myself into...."
    Your questions are little more than your mentally unbalanced way of vainly trying to justify your insane rantings on this forum.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Your questions are little more than your mentally unbalanced way of vainly trying to justify your insane rantings on this forum.
    Translated again that means, "Yep. I got nothing."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Translated again that means, "Yep. I got nothing."
    Please...stop wasting the readers time with this trash.
    Youre asinine, lawless garbage has been shot down at every turn.
    Im not playing your game where you try to justify your psychotic views of our LEOs because of the crimes of a few bad cops.
    Youre upset because I wont play along, just as any other immature child.

Do yourself a favor, sell your guns and turn in your CCW license before you end up in prison.

WWTD (What Would Treo Do? )

What Would Treo Do?

1. people have gone to jail for being in the wrong place, at the wrong time and fitting a general description.

2. If you talk to a police officer long enough you will say something that can be used against you.

If a police officer stops you he holds all the cards. He knows why he stopped you. He knows what he suspects you of. And he is under no obligation to share any of that information W/you.

This is a perfect time to calmly and firmly assert your rights

If I were stopped on the street and questioned by a police officer the very first words out of my mouth would be "Officer am I free to leave." This question establishes the status of the contact immediately, and tells you exactly how to proceed. If you are told you are free to go do so immediately, Thank you officer have a good day. Do not say another word.

If the officer tells you, you are not free to go you can rest assured that he suspects you of something and is looking for probable cause to make an arrest. This also establishes the contact as official, I would hand him my ID & CHP immediately ( you're not sitting in a car he's going to pat you down)

If you are being detained the less you say the better, if the officer has probable cause he's going to arrest you no matter what you say. If he doesn't the easiest way for him to get it is for you to open your mouth. If asked where my weapon is I would answer directly and refuse comment on all other questions. "Officer I do not wish to make a statement or answer questions without my lawyer present" He can't keep you there for ever & if he had PC you'd already be in handcuffs. No matter what he asks you (exception questions directly related to where your firearm is) ask to speak to your lawyer before answering the question.

But Treo I don't have anything to hide. See rules 1 & 2.

You are free to make your own choice but that's what Treo'd do
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You are free to make your own choice but that's what Treo'd do
    And that is fine.
    You can make your own decisions and no one has any business TELLING YOU how to you have to handle your individual situation.
    Where I get bent out of shape is some nimrod telling me that MY choice somehow affects HIS rights...or just telling me that Im 'giving up my rights' (which is really none of his or anyones business even if that were the case) so he can exaggerate things to make some BS case.

The FACT is that MOST cops are very decent people and Im not living my life in fear of the 1% who arent.
    If I ever have to deal with a crooked cop I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
    And I'll certainly sue his ass until he wishes that he'd never pulled me over if he does anything illegal, I dont care if it bankrupts me.
    But I WONT stoop to unlawful behavior like he did. And I certainly WONT take it out on the 99% who are good people.

I would put you on my ignore list, but you're just too damn funny!
    Now I have to take him off ignore so I can read what was so funny.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Not exactly true.
    A crooked cop could SAY that he saw something in the backseat which warranted an immediate search and then plant that something there.
    Dont say it cant happen because Ive read a case or two where it has happened just like that.

How many cars do you see with tinted window ? maybe 1 in 500 ?

As I said...*IF* youre dealing with a crooked LEO hes going to know what he has to do to frame you. He wont have to POLITELY ASK if he can search your car.
    As I said, he'd get laughed out of court. And then lose his job. Down here the ratio of tinted to untinted is more like 50-50. And as I have the risk of skin cancer, mine could have even the driver's window tinted darker than normal. Which for down here is the norm. Crooked cops are stopped by people who stand up for their rights. Crooked cops are far more likely to go after easier prey.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Crooked cops are stopped by people who stand up for their rights. Crooked cops are far more likely to go after easier prey.
    Crooked cops dont need 'easy prey' to do what they do, thats simply nonsense. They have the authority, remember? They dont need 'easy prey'.
    They dont know a person is 'easy prey', if thats what you want to call it, until theyve made a stop and committed to whatever unlawful behavior they plan to carry out.
    They certainly arent going to inquire beforehand if a person is going to put up a fight if they violate their rights...lets stop being naive.

In every case Ive ever seen the cop DOES what the cop intends to do and doesnt KNOW if the civilian is 'easy prey' or not...OR if they will put up resistance or sue their asses afterward. Its only AFTER a cop, or anyone else, has committed some crime that they find out what the response will be.

'bad cops' will do what they do when the mood strikes them just as felons do what they do at will....except cops have the advantage of 'surprise' themselves since no one is going in expecting a LEO to pull something illegal...except for those paranoid types who have already planned out what they intend to do if they cross a 'bad cop'.

I have NO intention of living in fear of these 'bad cops'.
    If some of you prefer to thats YOUR decision, but I wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Now I have to take him off ignore so I can read what was so funny.
    Id personally be impressed if even one of you could present a valid point without having to make BS claims, outright lies or exaggerations to sound even remotely believable.

All Ive seen so far is a few members here who are clearly deluded and paranoid and have watched Rambo a few hundreds times too many.

I was going to respond to a number of your posts Ruger but your just not worth it. This thread has gone a long way from it's intent. I will leave you to perfect your simultaneous badge polishing while holster sniffing technique.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Page 97 of 117 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast