Ammo Question for CCW
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Ammo Question for CCW

  1. Ammo Question for CCW

    Ammo question- what do youse think about 9mm 147 Grain Federal Hydra Shock?

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    Ammo question- what do youse think about 9mm 147 Grain Federal Hydra Shock?


    very good ammo but i havent found any in forever. someone told me they were phasing it out. i switched to hornady critical defense ammo.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

  4. #3
    always good, but if you cant find it nothing beats Speer Gold Dot Jacketed hollowpoints
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to Justice everywhere".
    -MLK

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    2,934
    I still have Hydra Shocks in some of my firearms. It's a great round. Speer Gold Dots are very good also and I also like Corbon's. What ever you decide to carry make sure you run at least a mag through the firearm. You want to make sure it will feed them correctly and also you will know how they feel when fired. #1 rule is to fire what you carry.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

  6. Quote Originally Posted by wildcathunter View Post
    very good ammo but i havent found any in forever. someone told me they were phasing it out. i switched to hornady critical defense ammo.
    it is stock right now at Cheaper Than Dirt, check their website, listed as restricted for LE only, but they are actually selling it to civilians, at the moment

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I still have Hydra Shocks in some of my firearms. It's a great round. Speer Gold Dots are very good also and I also like Corbon's. What ever you decide to carry make sure you run at least a mag through the firearm. You want to make sure it will feed them correctly and also you will know how they feel when fired. #1 rule is to fire what you carry.
    thank you

  8. #7
    Alot of 9mm pistols will not cycle reliably with 147gr. subsonic loads. Check out 9mm loads in either the 124gr. or 110 gr. bullet weights.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast