Car search because of CCW... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car search because of CCW...

Sounds like one of those Urban legend things, I've only been stopped one time since I have CCW'd and after giving my DL and CCW I was allowed to go with out even a written warning....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

3. while I agree there is no grounds for a search it all depends on the cop you get. Some of them just flat out don't like CC'er and think we shouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    In Florida the fact that you hold a CCW does not show up when they run your plate or your driver's license although I think perhaps your wife may want to re-take the course from someone who actually knows any of the information.

I belong to a fourm for NRA Instructors. One of the recent discussions was about inconsistancies and misinformation in instruction by FL instructors. It's sad, but there are a lot of folks out there who for whatever reason provide faulty or outright wrong information in their classes.

Finding another instructor wouldn't be a bad idea. It could be the difference between learing the right info and staying out of jail and getting bad info and losing your 2A rights.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I belong to a fourm for NRA Instructors. One of the recent discussions was about inconsistancies and misinformation in instruction by FL instructors. It's sad, but there are a lot of folks out there who for whatever reason provide faulty or outright wrong information in their classes.

Finding another instructor wouldn't be a bad idea. It could be the difference between learing the right info and staying out of jail and getting bad info and losing your 2A rights.

gf
    Hi GF, the same goes for the instruction in Nevada. Gotta have the best instructor to get the best info! I learned that for sure!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12