This is an actual scenario unfolding for me Now What would you do? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is an actual scenario unfolding for me Now What would you do?

+8 .... carry, find new job, quit.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

If you're working as a paid security guard for someone, can you LEGALLY carry without an armed security guard license?

Just wondering.

Either way, I'd carry until I found a new job.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

4. You can't afford to quit before you find a new job, can you afford to die??? QUIT!!!

Or at least upgrade your life insurance so you loved ones are taken care of when you are dead. File formal complaints with your company about the dangerous working condition, so your dependents have a better lawsuit against your employer for not mitigating the risks.

It really sounds like this complex needs to hire off duty police to act as security until the BGs are driven out.

Best of luck.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    If you're working as a paid security guard for someone, can you LEGALLY carry without an armed security guard license?

Just wondering.

Either way, I'd carry until I found a new job.
    Legally - no. You have to have the proper "armed guard" rating (Class 'G' in Fla, I think) before you can carry as part of your job.

Technically - if I had been threatened on the job, even by rumor, I'd be prepared to protect myself, one way or the other.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Arrow

Yes, what they said----double-triple even.

Case in point, will your employer still send you your paychecks if you are injured/killed by these thugs?...thought not. Conceal carry but get out of there fast
    U. S. Navy [Aviation], Retired

If my husband came to me and told me what you told us this is what I would tell him.

QUIT. We can eat dog-food but we can't replace you.

No job is worth your life. Also (don't know FLA) but in PA if you quite with a cause you can collect unemployment. Threats and safety on the job are legitimate reasons to quit for.

It is always better to ask for forgiveness than permittion. Dude, Have a backup! Their life isn't worth it!!!!

My spelling may be poor, You get the point! When in doubt, Point, aim, shoot-! Protect #1 End of discussion!
    Deal with it later. You will be employed, and worst senaro, you got your point accrost!

Thanks folks thats what I was thinking just needed confirmation from Law Abiding citizens like yourselves with rational minds.

I've worked for security companies, both as an officer and as a manager. It doesn't matter what level you work at, you are expendable.

They will only provide the service that the client will pay for and require. If you really need that job I would ask to talk to your manager and operations manager direct. Tell them that you will be going to the dept of labor office to file a report of the hazardous working conditions.

Then go that very same day to the Dept of labor and file a complaint no matter what your manager tells you. Actually you should go now since you already reported it and nothing is getting done.

This way if the company finds another reason to let you go, because you don't want to work that site, you will have cause for an unemployment claim.

Since you have already complained, they will just tell you what they think you want to hear to keep you coming to work. They are not going to risk losing the account by asking the client to pay double or triple for armed security.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast