This is an actual scenario unfolding for me Now What would you do? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This is an actual scenario unfolding for me Now What would you do?

Carry the gun and Always carry a good knife for backup.

3. Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I understand that problem and would be looking hard for a different job. You could conceal anyway and hope that you don't have to use it. You situtaion is much like the pizza delivery guys, the people that make these rules need to have to actually get out to see and face reality. What looks good on paper doesn't always work in the field.
    Always my brother (100%) God Bless

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    Sounds like excellent advice to me.
    Fantastic avatar !!!! I loved the Memphis Belle ! I was able to meet Captain Morgan at 50 year reunion of WWII at Aurora,Il. The River and Paddle wheel boat ride really takes you back .Good luck brother and keep it loaded .God Bless Rich

5. Unarmed Security

I have worked as a corporal for a sheriff's dept in Arizona and in private security before and after. I ended up in private security in California after having to attend a 'Security Academy' where I could have taught most of the classes. I was Lead Security Supervisor, the highest ranking man on a 23-man force at a homeless shelter. One MOnday morning, I had a confrontation with a subject, and I attempted use of the 'verbal judo' they wanted us to use. He was creating a major disturbance and we attempted to remove him from the building. He hit me with a knee strike that shattered the top of my left tibia. I found out later he was a former Marine, and that he was high on PCP. After five surgeries to try to repair the damage, they had to do a Total Knee Replacement. I am not totally disabled and on SSDI. On the day in question, the opnly thing on my belt was a can of CS tear gas. Iecided not to use it, as there were too many non-involved personnel. Turns out it had no propellant anyway. I had not received my baton card, so I could not use my flashlight as a baton. I received no help from either my employer or the city police in San Diego. They told me I was welcome to come down to the department and sift through the citations to see if I could identify the assailant, based on the trespassing citation the city cop wrote him before releasing him.
    Someone stated that cops are highly paid. I don't know what the pay scale where he works is, but the highest I was paid was $9.06 and hour. The department had put a freeze on raises, but somehow didn't put one on new hires. We had guys coming in, and going to the academy making more that I was as a corporal. Cops don't get rich, at least the honest ones don't. Ironically, we were scheduled to put on a demonstration for the bigshots the following Wednesday for the bigshots, asking that we be allowed to carry stun guns. I understand they are there now.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

I would carry if I was you. Stay safe

7. its liability issue. carry concealed get another job quick even if its not in security

8. let the cops do their job your not a cop, even though you may have good intentions

If I were you, I'd carry anyways. If you have an Concealed Carry Permit (CARRY) whats the worst that can Happen? They will Fire you. Well, at least you wll be alive to see another day. As others have said.Just my 2cents
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    If I were you, I'd carry anyways. If you have an Concealed Carry Permit (CARRY) whats the worst that can Happen? They will Fire you. Well, at least you wll be alive to see another day. As others have said.Just my 2cents
    The worst that can happen is he can be charged w/ a weapons violation and lose his RKBA forever or he could shoot someone and find out that his company isn't backing him because he wasn't authorized to carry a gun in the first place. He could also get caught and get fired and find it impossible to get another job because A. his security license was revoked or B. the Company that fired him tells everyone that calls for a refference why they fired him.

But hey y'all just keep beating your chests anfd telling him to carry anyway by Gawd
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The worst that can happen is he can be charged w/ a weapons violation and lose his RKBA forever or he could shoot someone and find out that his company isn't backing him because he wasn't authorized to carry a gun in the first place. He could also get caught and get fired and find it impossible to get another job because A. his security license was revoked or B. the Company that fired him tells everyone that calls for a refference why they fired him.

But hey y'all just keep beating your chests anfd telling him to carry anyway by Gawd
    But He's Alive!

But should he quit? No! He should not leave them people unprotected. What if cops or soldiers started quitting because their lives were in danger? If he did not want to protect people, he should not have taken the job. He knew he was going to be unarmed. If he quits he needs to go into another occupation.

He should be fighting the company, to allow armed security. And you can fight better from the inside!
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast