How do I get the wife to stop saying...... - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I get the wife to stop saying......

My wife was with me when I bought my Glock. She knows when I go to the range. She is retired so she gets the mail everyday and sees the magazines that I subscribe to. However I have never told her that I carry. I don't know how she could not know as I don't hide when I un-holster my gun and put it in the safe on my night stand when we go to bed at night. (I have two small children) I don't hide it when I un-holster it to put it in the safe in my truck when we go to the kids school for events or conferences. I wold imagine she has to feel it when we are walking and I put my arm around her. With all of that being said, I have never told her and she has never asked so I guess that approach has worked for me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Tell her "I would rather carry every day and never need it, than go out once and have you hurt or killed because I didn't have it."

I could not live with myself if anything happend to my loved ones because I left my defensive tools at home.
    Great advice. This is exactly what I used to tell my wife. Since our child came along, my wife has a .38 DS for home protection and encourages me to carry for ALL of our protection.

Maybe you should get her pregnant? LOL

Just a suggestion.

WOLF

It's Simple..... Ask her if Virginia Tech was a bad area, or if the several malls where coneheads have done mass shootings were bad areas. Everytime you see something on the news about someone getting robbed or killed ask her if it was a bad area. She'll get the picture sooner or later. Ask her why SHE wants to dictate to you when you carry and when you don't. Ask her where the last homicide and or robbery in your area was located. Ask her if she personally will guarantee you nothing will happen in the area you are going and if it does happen, do you have the right to abandon her there while you escape to safety. Go to the internet sites of your local newspaper and TV News and make copies of any homicides, robberies or shootings in the "good areas". Then present them to her.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfclick View Post
    Great advice. This is exactly what I used to tell my wife. Since our child came along, my wife has a .38 DS for home protection and encourages me to carry for ALL of our protection.

Maybe you should get her pregnant? LOL

Just a suggestion.

WOLF
    Too late. We have a 7yr old and 11yr old. Both of them are more comfortable and well educated on my guns then the wife is.

I've been paying attention to the robberies, etc in the paper. I just need to start forwarding them to her.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

There is still hope. If my wife can turn, so can yours. ( she is Canadian )When we first met, she knew of my affinity to guns, and why I was adamant on why I would NOT become a Canadian, & she would have tio come to the states if we were going to marry. ( along w/ the fact that I owned 2 "vicious" dogs, sadly 1 passed on after 12 years of faithful service. And, they made it illegal to own these "vicious" dogs in Ontario.) So, needless to say, I am staying an American!
    I taught her how to shoot - on her own accord. She approached me one afternoon and asked me to teach her in the backyard, which I gladly did. She is a natural. She does better w/ a revolver than a semi. Just can't cycle it. No biggie. She enjoys shooting. I still have to let her try the guage, and am unsure if she will be able to handle it. Only time will tell.
    When I first started carrying, she would pat me down to see if I had it. She was slightly nervous, but the more articles I showed her, the more comfortable she became. She still is a little questioning if I carry around the house, but I keep it concealed mainly, so none the wiser. I have dogs that WILL alet us if anyone starts up the drive, so no chance of me not beig able to get to a weapon if there is a threat approaching.
    She knows I carry EVERYWHERE, and is more comfortable with it. In fact it has gotten to the point that she hopes I DO have it on me"just in case". She has told me that repeatedly. I guess having a baby also plays into that - the maternal instinct to protect. We were visiting the fam in Canada last year, and decided to take a walk. She was the one who commented on how she felt uneasy taking a walk @ night w/o me packing. GOOD GIRL!
    I guess the point of all this rambling is that you should just let her come to accept this on her terms. Yes, you can help it along subtly. I tried to push a little in the past and only pushed her away from enjoying a wonderful hobby. SO, now I learned that subtlety is the best way. Continue to carry, and like others stated, just keep it concealed. She will hopefully, eventually warm up to it, and be glad you are being proactive in keeping the family safe.
    Good luck. Be persistant. ...............mot
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

I started carrying back in '97 after a couple visiting Texas from out of state (for a Christian convention), were kidnapped, killed, stuffed in a car trunk, and burned. My wife asked me what I was doing when I stuffed my .45 in my pants while getting dressed for work, and I told her that was never going to happen to us. Soon after I got my concealed handgun license, and a couple of years after that I had the chance to use it. Since then, no one who knows me questions why I carry, or where, or when.

I told my wife before we married that I carry a concealed weapon and asked, "is that a problem?" She said no. Fast forward about a year after we married, we were standing together for a photo in front of the Paul Revere Monument in the North End of Boston and as I pulled her in close, she bumped into the steel frame of my 1911 on my hip. She gave me a quick look and then whispered in my ear, "why are you carrying your gun?" I said, "Remember what I told you about how I carry a concealed weapon?" She asked, "All the time?" I answered, "Yes." Five years later and there are no issues.....even when she tries to feel me up!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    Too late. We have a 7yr old and 11yr old. Both of them are more comfortable and well educated on my guns then the wife is.

I've been paying attention to the robberies, etc in the paper. I just need to start forwarding them to her.

How about you just GROW A PAIR and tell her that because of the times you you ARE going to carry to protect her and your beautiful children. period!

Talking let her talk to rockwerks...

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    How about you just GROW A PAIR and tell her that because of the times you you ARE going to carry to protect her and your beautiful children. period!
    Let her talk to rockwerks...
    She'll be begging you for her own gun!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

How do you make a wife stop saying ANYTHING?!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast