How do I get the wife to stop saying...... - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I get the wife to stop saying......

1. "If guns cause crime, all mine are defective."

(No idea who to credit with that, but I love the quote!)

I`m not a "wife" yet, but in my relationship I`ll be the one with the gun, by my choice! I`m taking my first CCW class in a few weeks and can`t wait to be able to carry my lovely Sig P220 with me every day, everywhere I go. It`s heavy and probably won`t be fun, but crimes aren`t limited to certain geographic areas or times of day. The one day a person decides to not carry may be the day one ends up needing it...

Personally, I like being alive. Wish I still had my virginity too, but at least the next time some ******* tries to take advantage of me or one of my girlfriends, I won`t be so helpless!

Wow, Dragonfly. I think I understand what you're getting at and I am sorry you were put in that position and treated that way. I do hope that you experience may help other women understand the need to carry, including my wife. Thank you for posting.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

I would tell her. Since I received my CCL, I have an obligation to you, our kids and the general public to carry my weapon as often as possible. That's why I applied for the permit and practice at the range in the first place. If something was to happen while we were out at dinner and a wacko upset that Judge Sonia Sotomayor was confirmed to the bench came in to the restaurant and started shootin the place up. I would be able to defend the lives of my family and others instead of wishing I had my weapon on me so I could have saved that little kid hit by one of this wackos stray rounds. That's what I would say, but that's just me.
    When seconds count, the LEO's are only minutes away...

I had her read the post last night...all 4 pages just to see Dragonfly's reply. She probably only read it because I was rubbin her at the same time but she did see all of your replys. Her response was...you know none of this changes anything.

She did get a chuckle out of my comment about being happy to see her but there is still a gun in my pants.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    I had her read the post last night...all 4 pages just to see Dragonfly's reply. She probably only read it because I was rubbin her at the same time but she did see all of your replys. Her response was...you know none of this changes anything.

She did get a chuckle out of my comment about being happy to see her but there is still a gun in my pants.
    Well Aggressive1, I guess you're just going to have to carry and let her be disappointed. There comes a time, when some people, including spouses, will refuse to see things in your view. So, you just carry. If she has something to say about it, tell her YOU have a choice in the matter and your choice is to carry. If she keeps mouthing off, Duct Tape helps.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

I had a nice conversation with my gf on Sunday. We discussed how she would want me to run away if someone broke into our house or something instead of standing my ground. She said, "What if they are armed and they shoot at you?"

My Response, "I practice shooting more than the BGs, I wont miss."

Anyone have any thought about running away from a shootout?

Yeah, there should be runners. My kids and wife should be running to safety while I delete one more moron from the face of the earth....or give my life to make sure my family is safe.
    I think she is starting to get the picture and with the new Kimber I am started to get better at concealing. Of course last night she walked up to me in my den and told me to take it off before I went to the dining room for dinner.....DOH!
    But then she did let me got to the range to shoot after dinner.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Anyone have any thought about running away from a shootout?
    Those of us mere mortals, including all makes and models and sizes of humanoids, who cannot outrun a bullet shot by a BG, would definitely benefit from knowing how to fire a bullet first and accurately at a BG.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Those of us mere mortals, including all makes and models and sizes of humanoids, who cannot outrun a bullet shot by a BG, would definitely benefit from knowing how to fire a bullet first and accurately at a BG.
    Running doesn`t seem to work very well, in my experience, unless someone stays behind to hold off the threat. I tested that personally a few times, when I was in good enough shape to run up a mountain with a backpack that weighed almost half as much as I did (general backpacker`s rule: never carry more than a third of your bodyweight).

By the way, I`m pretty sure I understand what it`s supposed to mean, but what`s BG an abbreviation for?
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-03-2009 at 03:19 AM. Reason: sp

Bad Guy
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast