How do I get the wife to stop saying...... - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I get the wife to stop saying......

Well, good news for me. Went home for a quickie and some lunch and stayed around to see my kids get off the school bus. The wife hugged on me a few times and knew I had it, then a few minutes later proceeded to climb on top of me and only after scratcher her leg on the hammer she finally told me to take it off. I threw it on the bed and we got back to business. So...she seemed to be cool with it And today she's supposed to help me check on on walmart during delivery time for ammo!

Still can't get her to understand that she needs to get comfortable with it, shoot, and carry to keep her and the kids safe when Im not around.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    Well, good news for me. Went home for a quickie and some lunch and stayed around to see my kids get off the school bus. The wife hugged on me a few times and knew I had it, then a few minutes later proceeded to climb on top of me and only after scratcher her leg on the hammer she finally told me to take it off. I threw it on the bed and we got back to business. So...she seemed to be cool with it And today she's supposed to help me check on on walmart during delivery time for ammo!

Still can't get her to understand that she needs to get comfortable with it, shoot, and carry to keep her and the kids safe when Im not around.
    tmi, way tmi, but rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    How do I get my wife to stop saying...."you don't need to take THAT" or "why do you still have THAT on?"
    She was supportive of me buying the firearm and supportive of me getting my CWP, but now that I have it she wants to me leave it at home unless I am going to "a bad neighborhood" or going to the office early or late.
    it will only take one small incident for her to change her mind.

My wife never hasled me about carrying. But we have been to some places where she has asked me if I was carrying, and of course I was. that was back int he day when I didn't carry everyday. She doesn't bother asking anymore since she know i never leave home without it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    Well, good news for me. Went home for a quickie and some lunch ... The wife hugged on me a few times and knew I had it, then a few minutes later proceeded to climb on top of me and only after scratcher her leg on the hammer she finally told me to take it off. I threw it on the bed and we got back to business. So...she seemed to be cool with it
    I registered just to say "This thread worthless without pics"

Hahahaa.....she isn't a fan of pics during sex...but I'll work on getting her to roll play so I we can do that situation again

She's stopped saying anything about it. Even when she feels me up when I walk in the door she doesn't say a word about it.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Just say "Sweetie.....do I tell you what you can and can't wear???"

8. I'm glad this thread got rehashed. I realized after reading all of the male's post about their wives that I am really lucky. My wife wanted to get her NV and Utah permit with me but after her shoulder surgery she couldn't hold any of the guns up to shoot at the time of the class. She understands, and shares, my beliefs about firearms and their use to the point where she has spent some nights alone at home while I went to get out of state permits. There have been several strong arm home invasions locally and if we are home and my wife doesn't see a firearm close by, she asks if I have one in my pocket. (Our place is laid out awfully tactically due to 1 point of entrance/exit and the ability to cut off access to the bedroom from the family room)

My only advice to those who's wives don't get it is to stick to what you believe. Use their tactics to find out if you are carrying to hone you concealment. The Bad Guys will bump-frisk you, practice hiding it from the wife. Set her down and say "this is what I'm doing because I believe its what's best for my family." They may not like it but they will understand by your convictions.

9. Aggressive1, Glad to hear your wife has come around. My wife normally knows if I am "transporting" a handgun if we go out. Since we live in the "right denied" state of Illinois, I can't conceal carry, though I have a Pennsylvania and Utah LTC. I "fanny pack transport" my handgun in an Uncle Mikes Sidekick Fanny Pack. Its called "6 seconds from safety' in Illinois, unloaded handgun with a loaded magazine in the case. My Fanny Pack is one of those black ones that is supposed to scream "Gun", but hasn't caused me any problems.

If your wife objects to your carrying if you aren't going to "bad neighborhoods" relate to her the fate of 5 women in a Lane Bryant women's store, in Tinley Park Illinois. They were of course all unarmed. Police arrived in less than 5 minutes, but too late. 5 women killed before police could arrive. Google Lane Bryant store shooting for the story.

Rockwerks nailed it (no pun intended!) with "...grow a pair". Although my wife generally rules over the "nest", and I do tend to see things her way most of the time (she's less emotional and more coldly logical than I am), there are some things not open for discussion. This would be one of them, if it was an issue, which it's not. She knew what she was getting into when she married me, lo those many years ago. My advice is much like Rockwerks: it is what it is, it ain't gonna change, no more discussion about it, thank you.

Gotta luv the answers on this thread. Here we are--a bunch of manly men who are scared sh-tless of a little lady. That includes me as well. What I really enjoyed were the few posts that mentioned the "guns she does not know about". I sure fit that boat but I am sure that even though she pretends not to know, I'm sure she knows but would rather hold out for now until the time comes for her to find some jewelry as a quid pro quo.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast