FINALLY got my Utah permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY got my Utah permit

90 days after you check is cashed. 120 from the day they get it.

gvaldeg1: it looks like our Utah permit won't be good in Nevada after July 1. check their site on or after the July 1 to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post

gvaldeg1: it looks like our Utah permit won't be good in Nevada after July 1. check their site on or after the July 1 to make sure.
    I checked with the Nevada DPS and although they will neither confirm or deny at this time, from what I've heard from many sources, it sounds like both Utah and Florida will be dropped from Nevada's reciprocity list. They said to check on July 1st because there are several changes. It sounds like some states may be added. I hope that Arizona is one of them. In any event, I'll check on July 1st.
    MOLON LABE

Sent my application in on May 5th, my check was cashed on July 2nd and I received my permit in the mail today August 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post

Wonder if these other states are looking at this heavy action as a potential cash cow. Seems to be why FL and PA are soooo popular.

Paperwork mailed to Utah BCI from Honolulu, HI first week of June 2009. I enclosed a money order, so don't know when the payment posted. Utah CFP was issued on July 1, 2009 and received on July 7.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

7. Question Background Check

Hi:

Is the back ground check for the Quick check to purchase a fireman the same as a background check for a concealed weapons permit?

Thanks,
    Terry

OK, got my Utah permit in the mail today!
    Check was sent 5/26/09
    Check cashed 6/18/09
    issue date on permit 8/17/09
    received in mail 8/24/09

Good luck to all with your permits!!
    Last edited by BBJ; 08-26-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: date correction

Quote Originally Posted by terryt View Post
    Hi:

Is the back ground check for the Quick check to purchase a fireman the same as a background check for a concealed weapons permit?

Thanks,
    Terry

That's part of the process. There are a few other databases used, as well as finger prints that are sent off to the FBI.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

My daughter got hers Saturday. 80 days.

Mine took 80 days from arrival at the unit to permit in my mail box, I thought it was going to be much worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast