National Park concealed carry restored - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Park concealed carry restored

this still leaves jersey gun owners in the dusk again....

Quote Originally Posted by svrivera View Post
    this still leaves jersey gun owners in the dusk again....
    You could always move!
    MOLON LABE

lol be thinking about that, can I take me job and at least some of my family with me...lol

Remember though: this new law doesn't go into effect until Feb. 2010.

Of course, that only effects those of us who haven't violated the no guns law as it stands now. I'll be damned if I don't have some sort of defense on me.

As for Jersey, that state will come around eventually. Might be a long time, but it'll come around.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Remember this law doesn't take effect until February 2010. Until then they have stated they will continue to enforce the no gun law.
    What worries me, is that will give them plenty of time to figure out how to skirt around the law and make "common sense" regulations for you while in the National Park. I'll just bet they are trying to figure out ways to make you jump through hoops and follow enough regulations to where it won't matter anyway. That is, if I know the bureaucrats in our Government and the Park Service.

A sign like "ALL FIREARMS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE PARK RANGER BEFORE ENTERING". Sure Mr. Jones, just let us lock your firearm with this trigger lock, submit your fingerprints, do your background check, run your serial number through our data base, and you and your family will be able to be on your way to enjoy the park in about 4 to 5 hours.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

7. Thank you OK

Oklahoma Senator Cox, can play the same game as the liberals in congress. He attached the N'tl Park carry legislation to a bill that has nothing to do with guns, but a bill that he knew the lacy liberals wanted to pass very badly. Sho 'nuff they passed it! Thank You Dr. Cox

The 'blood in the streets' crowd will be disappointed. When does it go into effect???
    Very Respectfully,
    CAPTAIN MIKE
    www.GetYourCCW.Biz

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLee View Post
    Oklahoma Senator Cox, can play the same game as the liberals in congress. He attached the N'tl Park carry legislation to a bill that has nothing to do with guns, but a bill that he knew the lacy liberals wanted to pass very badly. Sho 'nuff they passed it! Thank You Dr. Cox
    It was actually Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn. If you want to thank someone, please thank the right guy. Senator Coburn's email is:

http://coburn.senate.gov/public/inde...torCoburn.home

I already thanked him for myself but I'm sure that he'd like to hear from you all. He's a great guy and a tireless supporter of 2nd Amendment Rights.

Now, we need to press to have the current injunction on concealed carry lifted or quashed. The NRA and GOA are working on this and, if that occurs, those of us with CCWs will be able to carry concealed in Parks until the new law goes into affect in Feb 2010.
    MOLON LABE

It doesn't go into effect until Feb 2010. Its tied to the credit card reform bill and BO signed them together as is. So it doesn't take effect until the credit card reform does which is Feb 2010. I've heard someone is trying to seperate them so it can become effective now, but I'll have to research that some before I can say for sure.
    "There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

Quote Originally Posted by Gernade View Post
    It doesn't go into effect until Feb 2010. Its tied to the credit card reform bill and BO signed them together as is. So it doesn't take effect until the credit card reform does which is Feb 2010. I've heard someone is trying to seperate them so it can become effective now, but I'll have to research that some before I can say for sure.
    Tell you what...I'll save you some time. The effective date applies to the whole Bill including all of its Amendments. You can't separate line items from bills and even if you did, it would have the original effective date. If you want to see something happen before Feb 2010 viz-a-viz carry in National Parks, hope that the current injunction get lifted. See what I said above.
    MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast