National Park concealed carry restored
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Park concealed carry restored

National Park concealed carry restored

Concealed carry in National Parks which had been passed by the Bush Administration and the blocked by an injunction, issued by a Federal Judge, will be restored as soon as Obama signs the credit card bill that was passed today by the House:

Congress Approves Bill Restricting Credit Card Industry, Allowing Guns in Parks - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

The House voted separately on the pro-gun Nat'l Parks carry Amendment which was introduced, and passed, in the Senate by Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma. Many thanks to Sen. Coburn, the GOA, and the NRA both of whom spearheaded this effort!
    MOLON LABE

3. Someone pinch me to see if I am awake. We get the credit card companies under some control and gun allowed in parks too. I must be dreaming.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Of course the evening news made it out to be the most dangerous law ever enacted. "LOADED guns in National Parks?!?".

This is exciting. Thank God they never passed the line item VETO.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Great news. I live right next to a National Park, travel it often. Now I do not have to leave my sidearm at home when I go up there. Damn good news.

It's not just "Concealed Carry". For years, people were forbidden to even possess a firearm in any National Park. Many folks who had guns unloaded and locked in the trunk, had their guns confiscated and not returned by the Park Service. Those who were camping or sleeping in tents at night, traveling in RV's, even riding through the park with a firearm in the vehicle, were forbidden to have any form of protection. So it's not just CCW. But all of those folks who had to travel on road trips can now have a gun in the car, without fear of arrest and confiscation. I confess that I violated that regulation a couple of times, when traveling with my family and stopped to see The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore. I'll be damned if I was going to travel across the country, sleep in hotels in areas unknown to me, eat in restaurants in a city with a high crime rate and not be able to protect and defend my family, only because I was violating a regulation when my family wanted to stop and see the Grand Canyon.

I had vowed to NEVER visit another National Park, as long as this ban was imposed on me. I wrote letters to the Park Service, politicians and anyone that would listen. I even sent letters to travel agents, Triple A, and anyone else who booked, provided information or even suggested a National Park as a destination for fun, leisure and vacations.
    So now if you are allowed by that state to have a firearm in the vehicle, or your CCW permit is recognized, you may have the gun as if you were in that state, and do not have to abandon your gun rights simply because you cross a line into a "National Park". Those National Parks that just happen to be owned, paid for, funded, maintained and staffed by the taxpaying citizen
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Remember this law doesn't take effect until February 2010. Until then they have stated they will continue to enforce the no gun law.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Remember this law doesn't take effect until February 2010. Until then they have stated they will continue to enforce the no gun law.
    And until then I will continue to enforce my don't spend any money at the National Parks policy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    In the meantime, I think that we should push to have the nonsensical injunction imposed by DC Judge Colleen Kotar-Kotelly "quashed". I have emailed the NRA-ILA and expressed my thoughts on this matter. If the injunction is lifted, then when the new law takes effect, you'll kind of have it both ways if you have a CCW. You'll be able to carry "as you like" within the limitations of the two laws. In the interim, if you have a CCW, you'll be able to carry until the new law takes effect which is February 2010.
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by gvaldeg1 View Post
    In the meantime, I think that we should push to have the nonsensical injunction imposed by DC Judge Colleen Kotar-Kotelly "quashed". I have emailed the NRA-ILA and expressed my thoughts on this matter. If the injunction is lifted, then when the new law takes effect, you'll kind of have it both ways if you have a CCW. You'll be able to carry "as you like" within the limitations of the two laws. In the interim, if you have a CCW, you'll be able to carry until the new law takes effect which is February 2010.
    While it is a worthy cause to push for lifting of the injunction I don't believe that will happen. I just wanted to remind those who may run out to the parks this Memorial Day weekend that the no gun law is still in place. I just didn't want anyone to get in trouble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast