Pocket pistol vs. Compact pistol for CCW - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pocket pistol vs. Compact pistol for CCW

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    A nice pair of Chinos and a Polo shirt is not going to to anything to help you in a SD situation.

When facing 8-10 BGs a 6-7rd pocket pistol might not help much either. (This happened to me a few months ago.)

My wife had her 7rd 380acp and I had my 10rd 45. I would have been in a world of hurt if the BG's hadn't decided against their actions. So, I vote stay away from pocket pistols unless it's a BUG.

IMHO; buy a high capacity "Compact" like a Taurus 24/7 ProC or XD. XD also offers a high capacity "Sub" compact as well.

During the HOT Carolina summer I carry my 24/7 ProC 45 and an extra 13rd magazine in a "Smartcarry". This works fine as long as I'm not wearing skin tight shorts. I can easily conceal and still have fast access to my firearm while I wear Cargo shorts, gym shorts or any other "Summer" clothing.
    WOW! I have never been in a situation where I was confronted by a gang of BG's. Not saying it can't or won't ever happen. I would imagine that was one hell of a scary situation! Anyway, the pocket pistol such as the Diamondback makes a great "BUG" or for those who just would rather travel lightly with personal protection onboard. My Diamondback will be used as a "bug" and not a main carry piece. My main carry for now is a Glock 27 with 9+1 of .40 S&W and a spare full mag. I have a Glock 37 (.45 GAP) on the way that will become my main carry during the winter months. I can either use the Glock 27 as a "bug" or the Diamondback DB380. Lots of options....

Yeah; I just made a mistake and had to stop and get gas in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm glad it didn't escalate pass boistrous bloviating. I had my wife and two kids with me and I didn't want to get into trouble.

PS; In reality, IF something had happened I would probably only get off 4-5rds. (I really didn't have any cover) But, it's a little more comforting to have 14rd's as opposed to 7 or 8.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123