What I saw this weekend
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What I saw this weekend

Exclamation What I saw this weekend

My family and I took a 4 hour roadtrip in search of a 1970-73 nova for my son. While on the road a guy on I-65 in Alabama was letting the whole world see his Glock while weaving in and out of traffic on his bent over little rocket bike. I was a little surprised to see this but it was securely tucked in an inside the waste band type holster.
    His jacket and shirt had pulled up and the wind carried them up over his back...exposing his weapon.
    Thoughts?
    Concerns?
    Comments?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Thumbs up Okay in Alabama.

Open carry is legal in Alabama. One caveat is that, to carry in a vehicle, one needs a license to carry, whether open or concealed. Attorney General opinion here:

http://www.ago.state.al.us/oldopinions/8400205.pdf
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Sweet Home Alabama! Yeah, we are pretty liberal in our ways of carry here. Just have to use some common sense when doing so. Would he get pulled over? No. Would he scare the hell out of Nancy Pelosi? YES!
    Last edited by LS-208; 06-01-2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Typo.
    "If an awalu [freeman] should blind the eye of another awalu [freeman], they shall blind his eye."
    -Hammurabi (1792-1750 B.C.E.)

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    My family and I took a 4 hour roadtrip in search of a 1970-73 nova for my son. While on the road a guy on I-65 in Alabama was letting the whole world see his Glock while weaving in and out of traffic on his bent over little rocket bike. I was a little surprised to see this but it was securely tucked in an inside the waste band type holster.
    His jacket and shirt had pulled up and the wind carried them up over his back...exposing his weapon.
    Carrying on a motorcycle is a *****, ain't it?
    Thoughts?
    So what?
    Concerns?
    None at all, open carry should be universally acceptable.
    Comments?
    Laws vary from state to state and all of them restrict our rights to one degree or another. This is too uncommon:

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nds View Post
    carrying on a motorcycle is a *****, ain't it?
    So what?
    None at all, open carry should be universally acceptable.
    Laws vary from state to state and all of them restrict our rights to one degree or another. This is too uncommon:

love the pic!!!
    "If an awalu [freeman] should blind the eye of another awalu [freeman], they shall blind his eye."
    -Hammurabi (1792-1750 B.C.E.)

My thoughts. If it is legal for him in Alabama to carry open then there is no problem if that is the way he wants to carry. Would I myself do it ? No because I would rather carry concealed as I would rather have the element of surprise on my side if I need to use it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    My thoughts. If it is legal for him in Alabama to carry open then there is no problem if that is the way he wants to carry. Would I myself do it ? No because I would rather carry concealed as I would rather have the element of surprise on my side if I need to use it.
    EXACTLY. I have no problem with open-carry, but I would much rather not advertise to other folks what I have on me.

tfo

the picture of the guy on the bike with the AK is priceless!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vegas View Post
    the picture of the guy on the bike with the AK is priceless!!
    Surely he could devise some type of mount where he could fire while riding. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    Surely he could devise some type of mount where he could fire while riding. LOL.
    Sometimes, it seems like somebody else has already had every great idea:
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast