Pocket-Carry Advice Wanted - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket-Carry Advice Wanted

I often carry my S&W 340PD in my front pocket in an uncle mike's pocket holster. Very comfortable to carry and packs a punch with .357 mag capability. I switched out the rubber grips a few yrs ago for some beautiful cocobolo grips from Craig Spegel, out in Oregon. It makes the draw from my pocket way faster as the smooth wood grips won't hang up on the pocket lining like the rubber grips tend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
    I carry a Ruger LCP 380 but the S&W 642 works well also the Ruger is just thinner and lighter but you give up the stopping power of the 642
    The 380 auto in either the Ruger LCP or the Kel-Tec P3AT doesn't give up any stopping power to the 642 (+P 38 Spl) if you use the right ammo. Buffalo Bore +P 380 is better than any +P 38 Spl in a snub nose like the 642. Look at this test:

KTOG Forum - P3AT eats pork ribs - wants more
    MOLON LABE

Both the S&W 642 snubby (shrouded hammer) with 38spl +P and Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster or Kahr PM9 with +P rounds and either a Galco pocket horsehide holster or cheaper Uncle Mike's #4 are good pocket carry guns.

The Ruger LCP manual specifically states that +P rounds are not recommended for use in this firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    The Ruger LCP manual specifically states that +P rounds are not recommended for use in this firearm.
    Kel-Tec says occasional use of +P in the P3AT is permitted. Also, since SAAMI doesn't have a +P pressure for 380 auto, Buffalo Bore (BB) does not exceed the "normal" SAAMI pressure. However, they produce higher velocities than other 380 ammo manufacterers so, they mark their ammo "+P". I use it all of the time in my P3AT so don't worry about your LCP. BB won't hurt it!
    MOLON LABE

NAA Guardian 380 or 32NAA
    Glock 26/27/33

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    I had a Beretta 21A Bobcat and a Walther TPH previously, but got rid of each due to concern of insufficient stopping power, AND the fact that .22 ammo just didn't cycle reliably in each pistol.

Any advice for other pocket-carry options?

Thanks

tfo
    Any caliber larger than .380 that will fit in your pocket.
    ~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

Me? A Taurus 85 titanium 5-shot revolver in .38+P in a Galco pocket holster. So light I often forget it's there. Honest officer.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Diamondback DB380 fits perfectly in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12