New Hampshire Seeking 500% Hike of License to Carry Fees! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Seeking 500% Hike of License to Carry Fees!

They may have anticipated a surge in out-of-state applications, so they needed a large influx of cash to hire additional staff to handle the increased workload.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

500% sounds like a lot but when you are talking $20 to $100, give me a break--this is not an assault on gun rights. If it had gone ot $500 or $1000, then it is an argument, but $100---puleeze.

I have my application filled out and a check written for $100 for my renewal. I also have my son's ready to go. $20 or $100 I don't care. I have a need for it and it covers the areas that other cheap permits won't. Plus there are no hoops to jump through to get one. They go in the mail tomorrow!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

$100 is more than it costs the state to run a background check, print a permit, and mail it out. The increase in price could price some people out of right-to-carry.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    $100 is more than it costs the state to run a background check, print a permit, and mail it out. The increase in price could price some people out of right-to-carry.
    The FBI currently charges local LE agencies $19.75 for the fingerprint check. Add to that another $10 or so for the production and mailing of the physical permit, and another $10 for administration and record keeping. Total cost to a LE agency would be approx. $39.75. I can understand adding an additional $10 or so for future "unexpected costs" like the need to hire more personnel to process applications, update computer hardware, etc. Total cost shouldn't exceed $50 or so for a 5 year permit. They could even give residents a break in the form of a reduced cost or longer valid time frame. Any more than that and I feel the government is ripping off the citizens.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    The FBI currently charges local LE agencies $19.75 for the fingerprint check. Add to that another $10 or so for the production and mailing of the physical permit, and another $10 for administration and record keeping. Total cost to a LE agency would be approx. $39.75. I can understand adding an additional $10 or so for future "unexpected costs" like the need to hire more personnel to process applications, update computer hardware, etc. Total cost shouldn't exceed $50 or so for a 5 year permit. They could even give residents a break in the form of a reduced cost or longer valid time frame. Any more than that and I feel the government is ripping off the citizens.

gf

Resident NH permit...still on $10.

I hope that the Vote them out mentality eliminates the demacratic majorities here in NH. Would be nice to have our state back.

I'm relatively new to this site, but I have one simple question to ask; Why or what makes a permit from New Hampshire so important? If your home state's CCW is accepted in 36 different states then why bother with a Non-Res. permit from NH?

In my case my SC CWP doesn't cover GA, AL or MS. I travel in those states so my NH non-resident permit covers me.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

My Pa. license is now good in NH. It was good when I renewed it 3 years ago, but NH gave me a few more states. I have since gotten my Utah non-resident which gives me what NH did plus more. It only cost $65.00 for the license and it is only $10.00 to renew. I must add, though, that the class for the license was $85.00, which is a 1 time fee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast