New Hampshire Seeking 500% Hike of License to Carry Fees!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Seeking 500% Hike of License to Carry Fees!

Looks like they are just going after higher fees for Non-Resident permits.

NRA-ILA :: New Hampshire Seeking 500% Hike of License to Carry Fees!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

The New Hampshire Legislature is currently considering the New Hampshire state budget (House Bill 2). The budget bill contains language that would increase the fees for non-resident licenses to carry from $20.00 to $100.00, a 500% increase in the fee.

The Granite State is seeking to balance the budget on the backs of law-abiding gun owners who simply wish to carry a firearm for self-defense while visiting the state. Make no mistake, allowing this increase for non-residents will eventually lead to such hikes for resident license holders. If legislators donít hear from you on this, they may assume that an increase on resident Right-to-Carry fees is ok as well.

Please contact your state legislators TODAY and respectfully urge them to insist that the Budget Conference Committee strip out this fee increase.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Since I'm not a resident, all I can do if this goes into effect before mine comes up for renewal, I just won't renew it. I suppose that since the Democrats took over both chambers of the legislature in '06, that I should not be surprised about this.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

looks like it passed

Got a note from my state rep that it is not coming out of HB 2. I asked what else can be done, but it doesn't look like much.

I'll pay it if I have to. Even at $100 for renewal it's worth it to me. It gives me a couple key states that I need.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Anything to piss us off to the point that we won't renew. It's happening ALL over the country I'm sure. What next??!!!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

I'd only get this permit for this state, as my other permits would cover the rest. But going to have to get this as soon as I get my first CCW permit in the mail. Family has talked about traveling that direction, so for $20, may as well buy it...and if price went up, I wouldn't bother.

Yup, they are raising non-resident permits to $100 starting July 1. I just got my first carry permit today from MN. First thing I did...filled out the NH application and mailed it in. It may not get there by July 1, but it will be postmarked before that. If they don't take it, I ain't paying $100.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Since I'm not a resident, all I can do if this goes into effect before mine comes up for renewal, I just won't renew it. I suppose that since the Democrats took over both chambers of the legislature in '06, that I should not be surprised about this.
    I also will not renew when mine comes up for renewal in 2011. I will just open carry instead, when I am in NH. The problem in NH is that too many Massholes moved over the border to escape Taxachussets. What's so messed up is that this flood of Massholes brought their voting habits with them....they've never seen a Democrat they didn't like. It's absolute insanity!

What is the official reason for the increase? Postage rates have not gone up. Neither have printing costs.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    What is the official reason for the increase? Postage rates have not gone up. Neither have printing costs.
    Mo money, mo money, mo money is the only reason. Also another reason is, because they can!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast