New Update On FL Non-Resident CCW Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Update On FL Non-Resident CCW Permit

1. Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Mailed Feb 16th; Rec'd Feb 20th; Check cashed March 30th ... electronic fingerprints ... still waiting ... Total wait so far: 139 days from day they received it. Efficiancy in action!! I'm soooo looking forward to my government healthcare!
    Well .... now at day 146 .. still waiting. Sent several e-mails to employees @ dept of Agriculture ... no responses. Just e-mailed Commissioner Bronson, Congressman Buchanan and my FL Reprsentative, Honorable Ron Reagan ... will wait and see if I get any response. (I find it ironic that out of state people are getting licenses faster than me ... a FL homeowner and registered voter ... just 1 more thing to remember in Nov. 2010)

I put in for my FL resident permit Apr 2nd and received it today.. (electronic fingerprints)

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Mine took me 21 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) the winter before last. I am amazed at how long the wait has gone up.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

I spoke with someone who's wife put in theirs in February, and they still have not received the permit (paper prints)..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

6. Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Well .... now at day 146 .. still waiting. Sent several e-mails to employees @ dept of Agriculture ... no responses. Just e-mailed Commissioner Bronson, Congressman Buchanan and my FL Reprsentative, Honorable Ron Reagan ... will wait and see if I get any response. (I find it ironic that out of state people are getting licenses faster than me ... a FL homeowner and registered voter ... just 1 more thing to remember in Nov. 2010)
    Well, after Representative Ron Reagan's office contacted DOA on my behalf (a great thanks to them), they finally actually looked at my application. Now, after 5 months, they tell me they need a copy of my passport (since I immigrated here and am a naturalized citizen). I will send that today; they have told me it will be 4-6 weeks after receipt of proof of citizenship ... I can see the finish line!

7. Hubby and I submitted our app's and paper fingerprints on the same day. He got his at 123 days, I got mine at 126 a couple weeks ago.
    NRA Lifetime Member

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Ronald Reagan

woo hoo I finally got it today..just in time for gun show in PA....dam jersey...check was cashed in April..

9. Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Did you see the post about Nevada revoking the Utah and Florida CCW licenses?
    Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Effective July 1, 2009

In accordance with NRS 202.3689 (effective October 1, 2007) the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
    Arkansas
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Michigan
    Missouri
    Nebraska
    Ohio
    Tennessee
    West Virginia

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issue at all times while carrying a firearm.

Please note that Nevada no longer recognizes CCW permits issued by Utah and Florida. For additional information, please refer to the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association press release link: NVSCA CCW Press Release

CCW Prohibited Locations defined by NRS 202.3673

Nevada Department of Public Safety

10. Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Well, after Representative Ron Reagan's office contacted DOA on my behalf (a great thanks to them), they finally actually looked at my application. Now, after 5 months, they tell me they need a copy of my passport (since I immigrated here and am a naturalized citizen). I will send that today; they have told me it will be 4-6 weeks after receipt of proof of citizenship ... I can see the finish line!
    Well ... finally got it in the mail on Saturday!! Only 6-1/2 months ... efficiency in action.

11. Yes!

Congrats JayBee, I thought the day would never come. Thanks to Reagan and carry with pride.
    NRA Lifetime Member

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast