I'm finally comfortable with CC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I'm finally comfortable with CC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322

    I'm finally comfortable with CC

    We went do dinner in Las Vegas tonight. As we've done on numerous previous occasions, both hubby and I CC'ed into the casino and restaurant. I was so comfortable with my set up and with CC'ing that I forgot I had my pistol with me. My nervousness has subsided. I'm now ready to carry anywhere, and I am ready to be comfortable everywhere. It took 3/4 of a year to become comfortable. How long did it take you all to be really comfortable CC'ing everywhere you went? How long have you CC'ed? Have you not become comfortable yet?

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    We went do dinner in Las Vegas tonight. As we've done on numerous previous occasions, both hubby and I CC'ed into the casino and restaurant. I was so comfortable with my set up and with CC'ing that I forgot I had my pistol with me. My nervousness has subsided. I'm now ready to carry anywhere, and I am ready to be comfortable everywhere. It took 3/4 of a year to become comfortable. How long did it take you all to be really comfortable CC'ing everywhere you went? How long have you CC'ed? Have you not become comfortable yet?
    Congrats, once you get comfortable then it really conceals. When in LV you have to get one of those cards right? Seems like a pain I'm planning a trip later in the month was just started to read about it.

    It took me about a week before I could go anywhere, then a month to feel comfortable but I didn't really start to feel comfortable until i got the right gear. Now I can and do carry everywhere

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Grand Strand / South Carolina
    Posts
    91
    I carried around the office for the 90 day waiting period to get used to it with a larger gun and a crappy holster. About the time I got my CWP I picked up a kimber ultra and a leather in waist band holster and I'm now really comfortable in most of the clothes I wear. There are some clothes though that fit a little tight and make it uncomfortable becasue it feels like I am printing all of the time.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by scdapmp View Post
    Congrats, once you get comfortable then it really conceals. When in LV you have to get one of those cards right? Seems like a pain I'm planning a trip later in the month was just started to read about it.
    If you're not a resident of Clark County you don't need to get the blue card unless staying more then a certain amount of time (60 days I believe) Of course you should call Metro and find out, but handgunlaw.us (I hope its ok to post that) shows the wording of the law for Nevada.

    OP, what restaurant did you guys hit up? Being able to CCW in a casino was a trip for me the first few times I did it, but I'd say that it took about a month of regular CC for me to get really used to it. Nowadays I hardly pay attention other then the occasional check to make sure my shirt hasn't ridden up. I usually OWB strong side carry so its a habit, but I'm debating on trying IWB carry.

    I wish it were a little easier to CC when its magma hot outside

  6. #5
    After a while you will begin to feal undressed if you do not have your firearm on. It becomes like putting on your shoes. Just part of the everyday norm.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Avail View Post
    If you're not a resident of Clark County you don't need to get the blue card unless staying more then a certain amount of time (60 days I believe) Of course you should call Metro and find out, but handgunlaw.us (I hope its ok to post that) shows the wording of the law for Nevada.

    OP, what restaurant did you guys hit up? Being able to CCW in a casino was a trip for me the first few times I did it, but I'd say that it took about a month of regular CC for me to get really used to it. Nowadays I hardly pay attention other then the occasional check to make sure my shirt hasn't ridden up. I usually OWB strong side carry so its a habit, but I'm debating on trying IWB carry.

    I wish it were a little easier to CC when its magma hot outside
    I hear ya about the heat. It makes for second thoughts of comfort and need for sure. We were in Four Queens, and Golden Nugget last eve, but we've gone to see the Blue Man Group, and we've visited casinos in other Nevada cities and had no troubles at all.

    I believe that a previous post is true, that Las Vegas and Boulder City are now compatible for CC for the most part with the rest of the state; that is, if you do not reside in either place. Check with a local LEO or lawyer for legal advice. I'm neither.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Avail View Post
    If you're not a resident of Clark County you don't need to get the blue card unless staying more then a certain amount of time (60 days I believe) Of course you should call Metro and find out, but handgunlaw.us (I hope its ok to post that) shows the wording of the law for Nevada.

    OP, what restaurant did you guys hit up? Being able to CCW in a casino was a trip for me the first few times I did it, but I'd say that it took about a month of regular CC for me to get really used to it. Nowadays I hardly pay attention other then the occasional check to make sure my shirt hasn't ridden up. I usually OWB strong side carry so its a habit, but I'm debating on trying IWB carry.

    I wish it were a little easier to CC when its magma hot outside
    thanks for info

    I'm in Reno and while not as hot as Vegas it gets up there. I have a Cross Breed Holster and carry my compact (sig 239) with shorts and a T-shirt with out much trouble.

    I just picked up a KelTech P32 for a "when I can't carry" gun... this thing will fit in a shirt pocket

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I hear ya about the heat. It makes for second thoughts of comfort and need for sure. We were in Four Queens, and Golden Nugget last eve, but we've gone to see the Blue Man Group, and we've visited casinos in other Nevada cities and had no troubles at all.

    I believe that a previous post is true, that Las Vegas and Boulder City are now compatible for CC for the most part with the rest of the state; that is, if you do not reside in either place. Check with a local LEO or lawyer for legal advice. I'm neither.
    I've read the official North Vegas gun laws and the only major difference was the carrying a loaded gun in the car without a permit, its not allowed. Neither is loitering while carrying, strange rules but whatever. As for Boulder City I've never found a reason to go down there, so I avoid it.

    4 Queens and the Nugget eh? Plenty of good times down there, those hurricane footballs are the devil :D

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by scdapmp View Post
    thanks for info

    I'm in Reno and while not as hot as Vegas it gets up there. I have a Cross Breed Holster and carry my compact (sig 239) with shorts and a T-shirt with out much trouble.

    I just picked up a KelTech P32 for a "when I can't carry" gun... this thing will fit in a shirt pocket
    No problem :)

    I have a Beretta Tomcat for when its unbearably hot and I need as little as possible to wear, that thing fits in board shorts quite easily

    I know its gets pretty warm in Reno, I'm originally from So. Oregon and we used to make the trip to Reno in the summer for Hot August Nights and to relax in Tahoe, that was the bonus of the trip (the heat) lol At least ya'll get snow on occasion and wearing a jacket helps in the winter for CC, Jan-Feb are the coldest months and other then that its just hot.

    Sometimes I wish we had a base up there instead of here, when its around 110+ I really wish I could stay inside.
    Last edited by Avail; 06-27-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: More info

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    bouncing between CA and NV
    Posts
    186
    FYI.
    NV passed a pre-emption law in 2007, went into effect 01-01-2008.
    The law voided all the North Las Vegas and Boulder City gun control laws and modified the Clark County handgun registration law. County firearm discharge laws were also not affected.

    Nevada Revised Statue 244.364
    1. Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, the Legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in Nevada, and no county may infringe upon those rights and powers. As used in this subsection, “firearm” means any weapon from which a projectile is discharged by means of an explosive, spring, gas, air or other force.
    2. A board of county commissioners may proscribe by ordinance or regulation the unsafe discharge of firearms.
    3. If a board of county commissioners in a county whose population is 400,000 or more has required by ordinance or regulation adopted before June 13, 1989, the registration of a firearm capable of being concealed, the board of county commissioners shall amend such an ordinance or regulation to require:
    (a) A period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.
    (b) A period of at least 72 hours for the registration of a pistol by a resident of the county upon transfer of title to the pistol to the resident by purchase, gift or any other transfer.
    4. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 1, as used in this section:
    (a) “Firearm” means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
    (b) “Firearm capable of being concealed” includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
    (c) “Pistol” means a firearm capable of being concealed that is intended to be aimed and fired with one hand.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast