Just a Question
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Just a Question

  1. #1

    Just a Question

    New to this forum, like what I have read and seen. i have a permit in Utah and go thru Nevada a lot. as of july 1st they are not going to honor the Utah permit because they dont require live fire to get the permit. Is there anything I can do to to be able to carry in Nevada after that takes affect.

  3. #2
    Nevada does issue non-resident permits. Look at taking their required course and obtaining their permit. From what I can see that's the only option.

  4. #3
    Yeh found the Blue card permit, looking into it now.
    Thanks for the quick response.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    bouncing between CA and NV
    The "blue card" is the Clark County handgun registration card and it is not required in order to obtain a non-resident NV permit.

    Open carry is legal in NV and a loaded handgun stored in your vehicle is also legal, as long as it is not concealed upon your person.
    So, once you enter NV, place your loaded handgun in the glove/utility compartment of your vehicle or open carry you handgun.

    Get a non-resident NV permit, if you want to carry concealed in NV.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

  6. #5
    I'm all for open carry where legal. Here in MA, we don't have OC. We do have CC, but it is at discretion of local police chief. I'm fortunate that we have a solid 2A chief in my town. The next town over is extremely difficult to get a CC permit, unless you are a well heeled, liberal democrat with lots of blue blood yankee money.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts