NY Laws for Certain Cities..
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: NY Laws for Certain Cities..

  1. Question NY Laws for Certain Cities..

    I have read that some cities like Rochester and Albany have their own carry laws...how does this effect someone who has a valid NYS permit to carry..??? Do you have to get something else from these cities, too.??

    thanks

  2.   
  3. NY laws..

    Anyone have some input on this..???

    thanks

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    2,934
    You might try the NY forum. New York Discussion and Firearm News
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

  5. #4

    Talking

    Your NYS CCW Permit is valid anywhere in the State EXCEPT New York City and most of Long Island

  6. #5
    I'm in Rochester, and as far as I know there's nothing special regarding CCW.

    Now on a side note...you're not allowed to have any wild animal pets in Rochester...they passed a law that included extinct species (Tasmanian Devils I believe, which haven't been seen since the early 1900's). They left out T-Rex's though. I'm sure they'll fix that soon.




    Quote Originally Posted by wilmasboy View Post
    I have read that some cities like Rochester and Albany have their own carry laws...how does this effect someone who has a valid NYS permit to carry..??? Do you have to get something else from these cities, too.??

    thanks

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fataugie View Post
    Now on a side note...you're not allowed to have any wild animal pets in Rochester...they passed a law that included extinct species (Tasmanian Devils I believe, which haven't been seen since the early 1900's). They left out T-Rex's though. I'm sure they'll fix that soon.
    That is hilarious... really.

    I can just see the guy down the street dressing his Great Dane up in a T-rex outfit and taking him for a nice stroll... obviously, if you HAVE one of these critters, they cannot then be extinct. Politicians would be funny if they weren't so sad.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    24
    to mitch, you can carry on long island with your ny state license. just not in ny city.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    That is hilarious... really.

    I can just see the guy down the street dressing his Great Dane up in a T-rex outfit and taking him for a nice stroll... obviously, if you HAVE one of these critters, they cannot then be extinct. Politicians would be funny if they weren't so sad.
    I hear that one of Mike Bloomberg's next projects is to get the NYC city council to repeal the law of gravity. Anyone caught using gravity for any purpose will receive a $300 fine and 30 days if convicted.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I hear that one of Mike Bloomberg's next projects is to get the NYC city council to repeal the law of gravity. Anyone caught using gravity for any purpose will receive a $300 fine and 30 days if convicted.
    King Canute on the Seashore
    King Canute on the Seashore
    by: James Baldwin, The Book of Virtues

    Long ago, England was ruled by a king named Canute. Like many leaders and men of power, Canute was surrounded by people who were always praising him. Every time he walked into a room, the flattery began.

    "You are the greatest man that ever lived," one would say.

    "O king, there can never be another as mighty as you," another would insist.

    "Your highness, there is nothing you cannot do," someone would smile.

    "Great Canute, you are the monarch of all," another would sing. "Nothing in this world dares to disobey you."

    The king was a man of sense, and he grew tired of hearing such foolish speeches.

    One day he was walking by the seashore, and his officers and courtiers were with him, praising him as usual. Canute decided to teach them a lesson.

    "So you say I am the greatest man in the world?" he asked them.

    "O king," they cried, "there never has been anyone as mighty as you, and there never be anyone so great, ever again!"

    "And you say all things obey me?" Canute asked.

    "Absolutely!" they said. "The world bows before you, and gives you honor."

    "I see," the king answered. "In that case, bring me my chair, and we will go down to the water."

    "At once, your majesty!" They scrambled to carry his royal chair over the sands.

    "Bring it closer to the sea," Canute called. "Put it right here, right at the water's edge." He sat down and surveyed the ocean before him. "I notice the tide is coming in. Do you think it will stop if I give the command?"

    His officers were puzzled, but they did not dare say no. "Give the order, O great king, and it will obey," one of then assured him.

    "Very well. Sea," cried Canute, "I command you to come no further! Waves, stop your rolling!. Surf, stop your pounding! Do not dare touch my feet!"

    He waited a moment, quietly, and a tiny wave rushed up the sand and lapped at his feet.

    "How dare you!" Canute shouted. "Ocean, turn back now! I have ordered you to retreat before me, and now you must obey! Go back!"

    And in answer another wave swept forward and curled around the king's feet. The tide came in, just as it always did. The water rose higher and higher. It came up around the king's chair, and wet not only his feet, but also his robe. His officers stood before him, alarmed, and wondering whether he was not mad.

    "Well, my friends," Canute said, "it seems I do not have quite so much power as you would have me believe. Perhaps you have learned something today. Perhaps now you will remember there is only one King who is all-powerful, and it is he who rules the sea, and holds the ocean in the hollow of his hand. I suggest you reserve your praises for him."

    The royal officers and courtiers hung their heads and looked foolish. And some say Canute took off his crown soon afterward, and never wore it again.
    This is reported in history as a true story, but this particular version has definitely been embellished.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast