Have a question about my Florida non Resident CCW

Thread: Have a question about my Florida non Resident CCW

1. Have a question about my Florida non Resident CCW

I go to Pennsylvania a lot but, i am confised about the law a little. The map says i can carry in PA. The Reciprocityi agreement between FL and PA sounds like i can but, on the florida page fotenote states:

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

What does this mean; Is it saying that Florida will not except non-resident Pa licenses or Pa will not except Fl non-resident licenses.

I am not a lawyer, but the way that sentence reads, it means that FL does not recognize non-resident permits from any state. FL statutes have no say in what is recognized elsewhere.

Steve

FL does not honor non-resident permits, except those from FL.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Answer

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    I go to Pennsylvania a lot but, i am confised about the law a little. The map says i can carry in PA. The Reciprocityi agreement between FL and PA sounds like i can but, on the florida page fotenote states:

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

What does this mean; Is it saying that Florida will not except non-resident Pa licenses or Pa will not except Fl non-resident licenses.
    This means a PA nonresident LTCF is not valid in Florida. See Fla. Stat. § 790.015. However, a Florida nonresident license is valid in PA and most of Florida's other reciprocal states.

+1 to all...Florida does not recognize non-resident permits, PA does.

knighted4