Nevada removes Utah and Florida from CCW list - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nevada removes Utah and Florida from CCW list

I think that a push needs to be made to get NV to drop the live fire training requirement for their carry permits. If a CCW course instructor wants to use other training techniques to acheive the same goals, (s)he should have the option to do so. Other options to live fire training include, but are not limitted to, Airsoft or other airgun training, blank fire exercises including M.I.L.E.S. training if so equipped, Beamhit or other laser training simulations, dry fire training, and training with marking projectiles or paintballs. These training techniques are used by military personal, law enforcement agentcies and competitive shooters. Clearly live-fire is not the only training technique, the options should be chosen by the particular CCW instructor and their students.

Nevada

Actually, Nevada needs to change its reciprocity law to either recognize all other states' licenses like Arizona, Idaho, and Utah, or, at a minimum, rewrite its comparable licensing standards requirement to have a more liberal standard (such as the law Arizona had in effect between 2003 and 2006).

The real problem here is that NSCA very conveniently found a couple of pretextx to drop both recognized states that issued nonresident licenses because nonresident permit business in Nevada cratered after they began honoring florida and Utah licenses and they want the money.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

I was under the impression that Navada dropped FLA due to FLA extending their permit to 7 years verses 5 years.

I think all gun owners should drop Nevada from any of their recreational plans - and company plans too if that's in their power.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I was under the impression that Navada dropped FLA due to FLA extending their permit to 7 years verses 5 years.
    That's correct. Denying a state reciprocity over the length of the term of a license is one of the silliiest reasons I have ever heard. However, this was merely a pretext for Nevada officialls unlawfully usurping the Legislature and creating a de facto resident-license-only requirement by eliminating both states that issued to nonresidents. That's why I suggested above a total rewrite of Nevada's reciprocity law to either honor all states' licenses like Arizona, Idaho, and Utah currently do, or at least impose a more objective set of standards for recognition such as the law Arizona had from 2003 to 2006, which recognized most states' permits (including Florida and Utah) as long as they had some form of training requirement.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12