I need some sympathy and prayers. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some sympathy and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Since when are women the boss. They are both adults. If his wife-to-be is ordering him around now, before their married, he better run. It's you duty to help you brother by getting him on the next train out of town.
    I agree. A relationship where ANY of the two parties constantly bosses the other around isn't a very healthy one. I would recommend that they receive some counseling and seriously consider if marriage is something that they bot really want to do.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I guess the info on Handgunlaw.us is not correct because Wisconsin has had CCW for 3 years I was told. I don't know if they honor any other permits though.

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    I guess the info on Handgunlaw.us is not correct because Wisconsin has had CCW for 3 years I was told. I don't know if they honor any other permits though.
    Wisconsin does not issue permits of any kind. They do, per the attorney general, recognize open carry, however, some jurisdictions are less than friendly towards people carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by srshadwi View Post
    Wisconsin does not issue permits of any kind. They do, per the attorney general, recognize open carry, however, some jurisdictions are less than friendly towards people carrying.
    I went into a Gander Mountain store about 5 miles east of Eau Clair and noticed a sign at the front of the store which read as follows.

Any firearm or bow coming in for repairs must be unloaded or unstrung. However this does not apply to anyone with a concealed carry permit.

So I asked at the store when they passed the concealed carry law and I was told the law passed about 3 years ago.

So I am not sure what is going on there.

Whoever told you that does not know what they're talking about. The only people allowed to carry concealed in Wisconsin are current and retired LEOs under the Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act of 2004.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Whoever told you that does not know what they're talking about. The only people allowed to carry concealed in Wisconsin are current and retired LEOs under the Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act of 2004.
    I don't doubt you I just have to wonder why Gander Mountain would have that sign at the entrance to their store.

Might just be one of the many company signs, that all of them post? Easier to print the same sign for all instead of a few here and there.

Plus, as mentioned, LEO have that right so it seems to be applicable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12