I need some sympathy and prayers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some sympathy and prayers.

I need some sympathy and prayers.

I have to attend a wedding in Wisconsin and I live in Saint Louis Missouri. Which means I have to travel through Illinois to get to Wisconsin, the 2 most anti-gun states on the planet. So please pray for me that I make it to the wedding and back home safely.

Trusting God for your safe and uneventful travel there and back.

"There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

My brother's wedding is coming up in 2 weeks, and his fiance insisted that it be in place that is a gun free zone. Her mom knows I have a CHL, and asked me not to carry during the wedding, because she supposedly will get in trouble for me carrying. I'm not going to incriminate myself by saying anything, but you know the saying, "It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by six."
    And that's not even the worst part of it...I have to wair a purple tie!!!

God be with you on your journey. Maybe someday we'll live in a truly free country again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

You could always put the gun in a case in your trunk unloaded through illinois and open carry in Wisconsin. Not sure if you have anything that would look good on your hip at a wedding though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Comp_sH00tEr24 View Post
    You could always put the gun in a case in your trunk unloaded through illinois and open carry in Wisconsin. Not sure if you have anything that would look good on your hip at a wedding though.
    THAT is a fantastic idea... and a chromed out, pearl-handled 1911 in a sweet pattened leather rig would make ANY wedding better....

That, or a nice Mossberg 500.... if it's "that" kind of wedding.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Driving through Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    I have to attend a wedding in Wisconsin and I live in Saint Louis Missouri. Which means I have to travel through Illinois to get to Wisconsin, the 2 most anti-gun states on the planet. So please pray for me that I make it to the wedding and back home safely.
    Once you make it through East St. Louis and Rockford, IL you should be fine. If you have to stop I would before you get to Rockford and then just wait until you get across the WI border.

Steve

God speed, and try not to look too naked when you are standing there without your side arm. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    My brother's wedding is coming up in 2 weeks, and his fiance insisted that it be in place that is a gun free zone. Her mom knows I have a CHL, and asked me not to carry during the wedding, because she supposedly will get in trouble for me carrying. I'm not going to incriminate myself by saying anything, but you know the saying, "It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by six."
    And that's not even the worst part of it...I have to wair a purple tie!!!

God be with you on your journey. Maybe someday we'll live in a truly free country again.
    Since when are women the boss. They are both adults. If his wife-to-be is ordering him around now, before their married, he better run. It's you duty to help you brother by getting him on the next train out of town.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Make sure you fill up the gas tank right before the Illinois border and don't stop while you're there. When you get to Wisconsin, you'll be okay open carrying any time you're outside your vehicle.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    ... or a nice Mossberg 500... if it's "that" kind of wedding?
    HA! :)

Hope your time with family is enjoyable... and truting GOD that your trip through IL will be uneventful and quick! Blessings to you and your family friend!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast