Non-resident permit in Texas?

Thread: Non-resident permit in Texas?

Non-resident permit in Texas?

I'm a South Carolina resident and will shortly have my CC permit here. What would I have to do in order to obtain a non-resident permit in Texas? Any help here would be appreciated.

Try starting here...Texas Concealed Carry Permit Information I wonder though, do you need a TX permit? TX honors a SC permit. If you want to add states, I'd be going for a UT permit instead. It's cheaper and gets you 1 more state than a TX permit. Only downside is that you'd be looking at about a 4 month wait for UT. I don't know what the wait is for TX right now.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

UTAH Permit

Quote Originally Posted by Pender1 View Post
    I'm a South Carolina resident and will shortly have my CC permit here. What would I have to do in order to obtain a non-resident permit in Texas? Any help here would be appreciated.
    I am a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor and located here in South Carolina. If you are interested, go to Shooterszone Firearms Training Academy.

Best regards.

Ted
    Greenville, SC

Get your NH non-resident permit. It gives you Ga, AL and MS plus several others. It went up to $100 1 July. No classes just fill out the application with a copy of you SC CWP and a check send it in and wait!.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thanks, I'll look into that Utah thing.