New LEO carry question - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New LEO carry question

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I find it repulsive that some law abiding citizens' lives are considered more important to defend than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Thoughts and opinions on LEOs getting special treatment when they spent their whole careers enforcing unconstitutional gun control laws on the rest of us? I think it sucks out loud.

Blues

Even if I agree with the sentiment expressed above, it's not the OP's fault the law got passed and I can't blame him for taking advantage of it.
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

3. Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Even if I agree with the sentiment expressed above, it's not the OP's fault the law got passed and I can't blame him for taking advantage of it.
    I don't blame superdutydave for taking advantage of whatever he can. What I said was that I find it repulsive that the government feels it is more important for a deputy from some rural county in GA to be able to defend themselves in New York than it is for me to be able to protect my children at the same location; and at the same time that same government says that the deputy has no responsiblity or duty to provide protection for the citizen.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Navy Blues

I'm firm believer in national carry permit, though doubt will ever see one. That said the intention of the law passed was to allow certified law enforcement to have option to carry in all jurisdictions both for personal protection (do the job long enough and someone has it out for you) and to have the possibility of a LEO armed and available to protect all citizens should a felony be committed in their presence.

Not all of us are equally trained but on average it's better than the avg Joe and the vetting process is fairly extensive in most jurisdictions

That said I am still not 100% comfortable with protecting me fully to carry in certain states

Quote Originally Posted by superdutydave View Post
    Not all of us are equally trained but on average it's better than the avg Joe and the vetting process is fairly extensive in most jurisdictions
    That is going to start a major pissing contest
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by superdutydave View Post
    Navy Blues

I'm firm believer in national carry permit, though doubt will ever see one. That said the intention of the law passed was to allow certified law enforcement to have option to carry in all jurisdictions both for personal protection (do the job long enough and someone has it out for you) and to have the possibility of a LEO armed and available to protect all citizens should a felony be committed in their presence.

That said I am still not 100% comfortable with protecting me fully to carry in certain states
    Anytime you are in the Pittsburgh area, please look me up. We'll see who is better trained, more qualified, however way you want to put it. But that really isn't the point.

The fact that a slice of America is granted the privilege of a right that all Americans should have is ghastly and repulsive. When you add to it that many of these folks jobs entailed brow beating those same Americans for trying to exercise their rights that they should have had in the first place!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Anytime you are in the Pittsburgh area, please look me up. We'll see who is better trained, more qualified, however way you want to put it.
    As a reserve cop you wouldn’t be a fair comparison. Have him go against an average civilian
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    As a reserve cop you wouldn’t be a fair comparison. Have him go against an average civilian
    The last time you brought my volunteer law enforcement status into question, you called me a "fake" cop. Hmmm, now it's different for some reason. I've only been doing it two years, superduty has been a cop since 2009, so I'd say he has much more experience than me.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

The last time you brought my volunteer law enforcement status into question, you called me a "fake" cop. Hmmm, now it's different for some reason. I've only been doing it two years, superduty has been a cop since 2009, so I'd say he has much more experience than me.
    I’m trying to be less abrasive. SDD said he was more qualified than the average Joe, you are not the average Joe.
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    I’m trying to be less abrasive. SDD said he was more qualified than the average Joe, you are not the average Joe.
    Regardless, refer back to my original point:
    Anytime you are in the Pittsburgh area, please look me up. We'll see who is better trained, more qualified, however way you want to put it. But that really isn't the point.

The fact that a slice of America is granted the privilege of a right that all Americans should have is ghastly and repulsive. When you add to it that many of these folks jobs entailed brow beating those same Americans for trying to exercise their rights that they should have had in the first place!
    To help you out, I bold faced it.

11. Ed

Avg Joe hasn't had any training whatsoever and if he owns a gun fires it maybe annually

I am a firm believer in 2nd amendment etc.

I'm just saying you can see where the logic came in for passing the law. I'm hopeful it could lead to a broader national carry law at some point

FYI other than just law enforcement training I also shot IPSC for 6 years and have a military background......I'm pretty good with a firearm Far better than avg Joe

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast