New LEO carry question - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New LEO carry question

1. Guys get over it. Avg Joe is just that..most guys/gals have very limited training, shoot very infrequently and have considered little scenarios of when then might need to utilize the firearm they own. That is the truth of the majority. I'm quite sure it is not representive of those here.

Far as it goes I hope interstate reseprocity can happen at some point.

I'm done with the debate too much anger and ego.

I do my job out desire to serve not ego nor certainly the money I get paid

Quote Originally Posted by superdutydave View Post
    Guys get over it. Avg Joe is just that..most guys/gals have very limited training, shoot very infrequently and have considered little scenarios of when then might need to utilize the firearm they own. That is the truth of the majority. I'm quite sure it is not representive of those here.

Far as it goes I hope interstate reseprocity can happen at some point.

I'm done with the debate too much anger and ego.

I do my job out desire to serve not ego nor certainly the money I get paid
    There's no real debate anyways. LEO's think joe citizen doesn't have any training...joe citizen thinks LEO's are overpowering thugs...just the way it is...

but...

in the end...Joe citizen defends himself and others around them more often with nearly 0% innocent causalities and a much higher hit rate compared to LEO's...

So ego aside...it's a good thing LEO's may get more training, they need it.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by bluesstringer View Post
    thoughts and opinions on leos getting special treatment when they spent their whole careers enforcing unconstitutional gun control laws on the rest of us? I think it sucks out loud.

Blues
    SUCKS Big time...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

The life of a LEO is no more important than anyone else. The main reason a LEO and retired LEO's are given the right to carry concealed with out a permit, (but must qualify at least once a year) is that during their career they have made many enemies.
    Most of these enemies are some of the worst criminals society has to offer, and some have been sent to prison by the LEO's
    and some do hold a grudge and have killed LEO's upon release.
    These dregs of society also target the LEO's family, usually a child, and on one occasion one of these criminals waited for a 6 year old child to return home from school and killed her in front of her father as he opened the door to their home to greet her, he later stated "he wanted the father to suffer".
    This is just the tip of the iceberg regarding LEO's and the criminal element he or she deals with during their career.
    I believe this is the reason LEOSA became law.

6. Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    In my opinion it is an excuse for the law, not a valid reason. For example, some states have used recent mass shootings as an excuse to pass magazine capacity laws. Let's say there is a year prison sentence for anyone possessing a magazine over 10 rounds capacity. The exact same goal could be accomplished by saying that anyone discharging more than 10 rounds during the commission of a crime would be subject to 1 year in prison above the sentence for the crime itself. The politicians that pass such laws have only one goal - to allow government to remain armed and powerful while disarming and weakening the citizen.

The criminal who has the intention of committing a violent crime is EVERYONE's enemy, not just LEO's. If you want to use training as an excuse - go right ahead. Then allow ANYONE who passes the same firearms qualifications once a year as required by the LEO Safety Act to carry a firearm anywhere allowed by the LEO safety act. Just because a LEO may have one or more enemies than I do does not make it right to allow them to be able to protect themselves and their families more than I am allowed to protect myself and my family from my enemies.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    The life of a LEO is no more important than anyone else. The main reason a LEO and retired LEO's are given the right to carry concealed with out a permit, (but must qualify at least once a year) is that during their career they have made many enemies.
    Most of these enemies are some of the worst criminals society has to offer, and some have been sent to prison by the LEO's
    These dregs of society also target the LEO's family, usually a child, and on one occasion one of these criminals waited for a 6 year old child to return home from school and killed her in front of her father as he opened the door to their home to greet her, he later stated "he wanted the father to suffer".
    This is just the tip of the iceberg regarding LEO's and the criminal element he or she deals with during their career.
    So do the family's of the LEO's also get full coverage across the states to defend themselves? No? Hmmm....

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

So, by what you have said, a LEO has more of a right to defend and protect himself within this country than anyone else. No one else is able to defend and protect one's self in all fifty states. The last I read the second amendment applied to all the citizenry not just a select few and certainly not just for governmental officials.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    So, by what you have said, a LEO has more of a right to defend and protect himself within this country than anyone else. No one else is able to defend and protect one's self in all fifty states. The last I read the second amendment applied to all the citizenry not just a select few and certainly not just for governmental officials.
    Look, do you have a concealed carry permit ? Yes you probably do. Are you a LEO ? I say no. So before you judge any cop that put his time in, why don't you walk in his shoes for about 20 years
    and then come back and give me your opinion.
    In the mean time, you and the rest of those who oppose this law for LEO's and retired LEO's can complain, rant and rave like little kids who had their lolly pop taken away, because frankly I don't give a damn. I carry and will continue to carry all over this country and I will protect myself, my family and even you.

Look, do you have a concealed carry permit ? Yes you probably do. Are you a LEO ? I say no. So before you judge any cop that put his time in, why don't you walk in his shoes for about 20 years
    In the mean time, you and the rest of those who oppose this law for LEO's and retired LEO's can complain, rant and rave like little kids who had their lolly pop taken away, because frankly I don't give a damn. I carry and will continue to carry all over this country and I will protect myself, my family and even you.
    I would hardly call the 2nd Amendment right that all citizenry SHOULD have but has been taken away a LOLLYPOP.

Also, don't assume to much sir. I wear the badge of my Sheriff's department but am not paid for my services. I am fully trained as a LEO but since I do not get paid for it, I don't fit the criteria that this so called law suggests. So I certainly am not judging any cop.

I'm not ranting, I'm not raving. What am I saying is that 1) it is unconstitutional to say that just because there is a border between two states means that my right defend myself is no longer valid, and 2) cops are no more special than any other citizen in the United States. So, first our right had to be stripped, and THEN government officials (i.e. cops) had to get special privileges handed to them.

Sound fair? Sound legal? Sound constitutional? No, no and no.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

11. Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    Oh, please.... the guy who collects my garbage and takes it away every week has a more dangerous job than a LEO does. The farmer and rancher who works from sunrise to sunset and doesn't know if he will make enough money to feed his family the next month has a more dangerous job than a LEO does. The lumberjack who cut the wood that provides the roof over my head has a more dangerous job than a LEO does. If I had to live in a society without sanitation workers taking away the trash, without farmers and ranchers putting food in the grocery stores, or without LEOs, guess which profession I would say goodbye to first. I respect everyone equally until they give me a reason not to, and a person who thinks they deserve more respect for no other reason than they wear a uniform is a reason not to respect them.

In the mean time, you and the rest of those who oppose this law for LEO's and retired LEO's can complain, rant and rave like little kids who had their lolly pop taken away, because frankly I don't give a damn.
    We don't oppose the fact that LEO can have the legal ability to protect themselves wherever they happen to be. What we oppose is not having that same legal ability to protect ourselves and our family.

I carry and will continue to carry all over this country and I will protect myself, my family and even you.
    That's all fine and dandy - just better hope that if you or your family ever needs the assistance of a mere citizen that you happen to be in a location where that citizen can legally posses a gun:
    https://www.learnaboutguns.com/2009/...ng-cops-lives/

We are happy that you can protect yourself and your family. But you are just a pompous a$$ to insinuate that you are more deserving of that ability than the rest of us just because of the career you chose.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast