New LEO carry question - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New LEO carry question

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    I carry and will continue to carry all over this country and I will protect myself, my family and even you.
    You sure as Hell wouldn't protect me. I can smell pork from a mile away, and wouldn't be anywhere near you to begin with. I'd feel safer retreating to the Projects than being in close proximity to a plain-clothes "protector and server" with an attitude towards the citizens' rights who you supposedly "serve" like you have.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

All of you that say LEO should not have a greater need to carry in 50 states than you, "How many of you have said you would only protect yourself and family in an active shooter situation? Someone who is a LEO or retired LEO is likely to take action out of habit, training, instink because that is what they were trained to do. I think that is where the idea stemmed from, not that criminal they arrested 5 years ago.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

4. The question is not whether or not Joe Citizen will shoot back or not. It is about whether Joe Citizen has the legal ability to. If Joe Citizen is legally carrying his gun and doesn't shoot back, that is a hell of a lot better situation than if Joe Citizen NEEDS to shoot back but can't because he is obeying the no guns law.

5. What some people cannot grasp is that our repulsion is not about those who are legally able to defend themselves. Our repulsion is about the laws that make it illegal for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    All of you that say LEO should not have a greater need to carry in 50 states than you, "How many of you have said you would only protect yourself and family in an active shooter situation? Someone who is a LEO or retired LEO is likely to take action out of habit, training, instink because that is what they were trained to do. I think that is where the idea stemmed from, not that criminal they arrested 5 years ago.
    ETA: The bold word appears to be a Freudian typo.

Otherwise, yeah, sounds just like what Obama called for back in 2008:

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
    Except for the "just as well-funded" part, he's got the foundation for a civilian thug-force inherent in the LEOSA law. Real hopey-changey kinda stuff, huh?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    You sure as Hell wouldn't protect me. I can smell pork from a mile away, and wouldn't be anywhere near you to begin with. I'd feel safer retreating to the Projects than being in close proximity to a plain-clothes "protector and server" with an attitude towards the citizens' rights who you supposedly "serve" like you have.

Blues
    I smell a two bit scum bag foul mouth "criminal", so do retreat back to your home in the projects. One more thing, don't you dare disrespect the men and woman who risk
    their lives daily to protect the citizens of this country.

8. Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    the men and woman who risk
    Sanitation workers? I have the utmost respect for my garbage man. I sure as heck wouldn't do his job for his hours and pay and level of thanks he gets from those he serves. At least police officers have some followers that put them on pedestals.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I would hardly call the 2nd Amendment right that all citizenry SHOULD have but has been taken away a LOLLYPOP.

Also, don't assume to much sir. I wear the badge of my Sheriff's department but am not paid for my services. I am fully trained as a LEO but since I do not get paid for it, I don't fit the criteria that this so called law suggests. So I certainly am not judging any cop.

I'm not ranting, I'm not raving. What am I saying is that 1) it is unconstitutional to say that just because there is a border between two states means that my right defend myself is no longer valid, and 2) cops are no more special than any other citizen in the United States. So, first our right had to be stripped, and THEN government officials (i.e. cops) had to get special privileges handed to them.

Sound fair? Sound legal? Sound constitutional? No, no and no.
    First and foremost you are not a full time LEO paid or not , so you are not eligible under LEOSA . Lastly why are all you people so worried about a LEO having this one right to carry. It has not been to many years ago that retired LEO's did not have the right to carry concealed, as well as plain citizens. Most States did not allow anyone to carry concealed except active LEO's
    so why all the venom ?

I smell a two bit scum bag foul mouth "criminal", so do retreat back to your home in the projects. One more thing, don't you dare disrespect the men and woman who risk their lives daily to protect the citizens of this country.
    Or else what?

And I'm a law-abiding citizen 'Panky (or is that "Porky?"), own my own home and have had one of the most dangerous jobs in the country (Steelworker who worked on several buildings over 40 stories from San Diego to Seattle), so don't think your lecture about risking your life means a damn thing to me. You chose that job, I owe you absolutely no consideration for making that choice, and from the above post trying to order me around from behind a freakin' computer screen, it would seem your choice was made as much out of a desire to hold authority over citizens as to help them in any way. So far you have been the shining example of exactly why I don't respect LE anymore. Go pound sand hot-rod.

Blues

ETA:

Most States did not allow anyone to carry concealed except active LEO's....
    I had my first CWP in 1978 in King County, WA. Alabama has had easily-obtainable pistol permits for decades before that, as have most Southern and other rural states. But Yippee for the Police State wherever you were that made the above blather true, eh? Pffft.

I smell a two bit scum bag foul mouth "criminal", so do retreat back to your home in the projects. One more thing, don't you dare disrespect the men and woman who risk
    I smell bacon. Is that enough "respect" for your costume?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast