New LEO carry question - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 117

Thread: New LEO carry question

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,648
    For the record, I never carry on arguments in PM's. I only use the PM function of this site to converse with cyber-"friends," and exchange email addresses and phone numbers with people I think I'd like to get to know better off-site.

    Anything said in my PM inbox that's in reply to a public thread is completely out of line, and since I didn't invite or acquiesce to it, I feel no responsibility to keep it private. So with that in mind......



    What was that you were saying about being a coward, duke?

    I can honestly say that I have never called a cop for help. I have called them to report a couple of crimes that I was either a witness to or a victim of, but the perps were long gone and I had no intention of them helping me because of the "trouble," I just did my civic duty and gave them information that could help them do their jobs. Lot of good that did. I never got a single phone call from the cops in the two instances where my home was burglarized, much less ever got my stuff back.

    Whatever, duke ol' hoss, it's not that I'd care if you'd piss on me if I was on fire that's at issue, it's that I'm scared you and your swine brothers and sisters would be the ones that set the fire on my law-abiding, tax-paying, no-criminal-record, freedom-loving, Constitution-following, Oath-Keeping, "low-life" ass!

    Be interesting to hear how you "dealt" with my "type" on several occasions before. Are they still alive? Pffft.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    I smell a two bit scum bag foul mouth "criminal", so do retreat back to your home in the projects. One more thing, don't you dare disrespect the men and woman who risk
    their lives daily to protect the citizens of this country.
    Bite me.
    You and your kind are the very reason I carry a gun.
    You obnoxious piece of fecal matter.
    You get zero respect because you are the kind of idiot who demands respect.
    You are no better than I am. Your job garners no respect from me.
    Don't like it? Tough sh!t...
    And by the way, I handle my own business. I don't need to call you or your kind for help..



    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    I smell a two bit scum bag foul mouth "criminal", so do retreat back to your home in the projects. One more thing, don't you dare disrespect the men and woman who risk
    their lives daily to protect the citizens of this country.
    Duke,

    I would dare say that many cops perform their job well and do wish to serve and protect. The problem has come that many cops (both active and retired) have done incredibly heinous acts against the citizenry that they claim to protect and serve. Add to this that the Supreme Court in 2005 ruled that no cop has a duty to protect us.

    When you put these two facts together, the law for cops being able to carry in all 50 states where as the subjects of this land cannot does not make a bit of sense. One law for the government officials and one law for the subjects is exactly what monarchies and dictatorships do, not what a free country whose people are supposed to be the government do.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    First and foremost you are not a full time LEO paid or not , so you are not eligible under LEOSA . Lastly why are all you people so worried about a LEO having this one right to carry. It has not been to many years ago that retired LEO's did not have the right to carry concealed, as well as plain citizens. Most States did not allow anyone to carry concealed except active LEO's
    so why all the venom ?
    Yes, I said as much that I'm not eligible in the post that you replied to. We are not upset that anyone has a right to carry... we are upset at the disparity of the law. When a government seeks to create laws for one class of persons and not another, how in the world does that fit in with the ideology of America?

    I do not chastise you or any other LEO for taking advantage of this law. What I take umbrage with is that there are two laws on the books. There are laws for government officials and then there are laws for their subjects. How can you not see this disparity and how against the American way this is?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    All of you that say LEO should not have a greater need to carry in 50 states than you, "How many of you have said you would only protect yourself and family in an active shooter situation? Someone who is a LEO or retired LEO is likely to take action out of habit, training, instink because that is what they were trained to do. I think that is where the idea stemmed from, not that criminal they arrested 5 years ago.
    And how many of our professions have been ruled by the Supreme Court that we do not have a duty to protect the public? *raises hand* I know the answer... in 2005 the Supreme Court ruled that cops do not have a duty to protect anyone. I can give many cites to show that this is what many of them have done. Would you care to see? They are all over these forums.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Sanitation workers? I have the utmost respect for my garbage man. I sure as heck wouldn't do his job for his hours and pay and level of thanks he gets from those he serves. At least police officers have some followers that put them on pedestals.
    Sanitation workers here are all union and they probably make just as much yearly as you do as an 04
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Sanitation workers here are all union and they probably make just as much yearly as you do as an 04
    Good for them! They deserve it!

  9. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    For the record, I never carry on arguments in PM's. I only use the PM function of this site to converse with cyber-"friends," and exchange email addresses and phone numbers with people I think I'd like to get to know better off-site.

    Anything said in my PM inbox that's in reply to a public thread is completely out of line, and since I didn't invite or acquiesce to it, I feel no responsibility to keep it private. So with that in mind......



    What was that you were saying about being a coward, duke?

    I can honestly say that I have never called a cop for help. I have called them to report a couple of crimes that I was either a witness to or a victim of, but the perps were long gone and I had no intention of them helping me because of the "trouble," I just did my civic duty and gave them information that could help them do their jobs. Lot of good that did. I never got a single phone call from the cops in the two instances where my home was burglarized, much less ever got my stuff back.

    Whatever, duke ol' hoss, it's not that I'd care if you'd piss on me if I was on fire that's at issue, it's that I'm scared you and your swine brothers and sisters would be the ones that set the fire on my law-abiding, tax-paying, no-criminal-record, freedom-loving, Constitution-following, Oath-Keeping, "low-life" ass!

    Be interesting to hear how you "dealt" with my "type" on several occasions before. Are they still alive? Pffft.

    Blues
    If you like that one, I can add some more just for you piss ant.

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Bite me.
    You and your kind are the very reason I carry a gun.
    You obnoxious piece of fecal matter.
    You get zero respect because you are the kind of idiot who demands respect.
    You are no better than I am. Your job garners no respect from me.
    Don't like it? Tough sh!t...
    And by the way, I handle my own business. I don't need to call you or your kind for help..



    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.
    You are stating you carry a gun because of your disdain for "POLICE OFFICERS, with this being noted publicly, I may also place your post on another for further scurrility.
    Sir,by you're own admission you may be a danger to the public, LEO,s and society in general.
    It is one thing for members to banter back and forth , however, when "Threats are made" this should not be tolerated, and i will not participate any longer in this discussion in view of
    the aforementioned. I also feel the site monitor should be made aware.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    If you like that one, I can add some more just for you piss ant.
    Go ahead. I've made it clear that I don't welcome your communication via PM's. Any further PM's would be purposeful cyber-stalking and a good reason for you to be banned. I didn't report the first one because I try to be objective in sussing out whether I contributed to bringing it on myself. I think I did with the "Porky" thing, but in my last post and in this one, I'm just making it clear that you should stay out of my inbox from now on because i have little doubt that your hair-trigger temper will make you say things that will get you banned. Up to you though. No skin off my teeth either way. Fire away if it floats your boat. I'm your huckleberry.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast