Disney World carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney World carry

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    Good observation Kimber. I agree there are extenuating circumstances that at times you have to consider. Sometimes those corporate events in Epcot wind up with you parking and entering from the back parking lots (usually employee only areas) which are a whole lot less secure.

One for me all of the time is the "ride" to and from guest parking and especially the "walk" either to and from parking or just down the long isle at night. I would rather Disney compromise and make a "check your weapon" area at the parks entrance because of this lack.

Perhaps someday. This week off duty, out of town firefighters were the first on scene at the monorail crash and were allowed to pass the "ropes" and try to help ... another thing that Disney will normally try to avoid.

Also, Mafia Kid, I think I should point out that my comments are to be applied to the "ticketed areas" meaning the four parks themselves. I routinely carry on the rest of Disney property including Downtown Disney and Marketplace. Disney tipped their hand when a guest accidentally shot himself in the leg securing his weapon in his car at Downtown not too long ago. Disney noted that "although employees are forbidden from having weapons in their cars on Disney property (another controversy in itself), that policy does not apply to guests". Of course, it doesn't because they really have no means to enforce it as the non-ticketed areas of property are pretty much considered public streets the same as anywhere else in Florida since Disney gave up its home rule and police powers years back in order to protect their privacy.

That is why Disney security cars no longer have blue lights and now Orange County deputies patrol as the "on duty" police, even though Reedy Creek still has its own Fire and Rescue services.
    Good points. I decided to carry mine for three reasons....

1. It was a special after hours type of even were we'd be walking back to our cars around Midnight.
    2. It was on a Friday and all the employees left straight from work. So I didn't want to try and remove and secure my pistol with Coworkers in and around my vehicle.
    3. Since it was in the afternoon and in December it was a little chili so I also had a light jacket on. Making concealment even easier.

But each personís scenario is different and like said youíre not breaking the law just their policy. I have also heard that if they do happen to make you they just ask you to either lock it in your car or in a secure locker in one of Disneyís offices. Not sure if thatís true.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Not posted at the gate, I have several times, N at Universal too.... bottom line is they will search any bag, purse, camera bag or backpack, but if you walk in with it coved on your hip and nothing else in hand except a camera you get to pass right on buy..... Heck my HK has rode out the Rocking Roller Coaster,n space Mountain, in the pancake twice now.... but then that Dillon pancake holds on real tight!!!
    LOL my Kimber made that same ride. Liked it so much we had to go back and ride it again!!

hmmmm..... I wonder how many pistols have actually made that ride!?!?!?!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Smile Disney carry

My sincere thanks to all for your input. I'll travel much more comfortable with this input

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12