2 States now honor VA non resident permits

Thread: 2 States now honor VA non resident permits

2 States now honor VA non resident permits

In my e mail today. :>)

VA-ALERT: VCDL mini-update 7/11/09

Delaware now honors Virginia permits and West Virginia honors both resident and now non-resident Virginia permits!

I have received the following email form Jim Mullens, President of the West Virginia Citizens Defense League:

Philip:

As of today, VA nonresident CHPs are valid in West Virginia as long as the permit holder is not a WV resident.

Also, it appears Virginia and Delaware now honor each otherís permits.

See:

Concealed Deadly Weapons Reciprocity

and

Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition

Jim Mullins

Good news. Someday everyone will honor all permits.

It's my dream I will tell it however I want.

4. Quote Originally Posted by boscoman View Post
    In my e mail today. :>)

VA-ALERT: VCDL mini-update 7/11/09

Delaware now honors Virginia permits and West Virginia honors both resident and now non-resident Virginia permits!

I have received the following email form Jim Mullens, President of the West Virginia Citizens Defense League:

Philip:

As of today, VA nonresident CHPs are valid in West Virginia as long as the permit holder is not a WV resident.

Also, it appears Virginia and Delaware now honor each other’s permits.

See:

Concealed Deadly Weapons Reciprocity

and

Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition

Jim Mullins
    Help me here this is confusing; if you go to the second link it says that VA. non-residents are no good and if you go the Reciprocity map here VA non res is no good.

If you go to WV website it says it's good. Full Reciprocity with a state means what? Does it mean it accepts both res and non res.

Hers what the VA webpage says: Effective June 7, 2007, West Virginia law has changed and the State of West Virginia will no longer honor Virginia non-resident permits.
    ]

For me, this statement is not good-enough for me to chance using my Virginia non-resident CHP in West Virginia.

"West Virginia has full reciprocity with Virginia.
    (Resident Permits) "
    is on URL: " http://www.wvago.gov/gunrecep.cfm?state=VA#guntitle".

I can find nothing on-line that supports the 11jul09 statement by Jim Mullens, President of the West Virginia Citizens Defense League.

Please give us something specific that we can carry with us to show a questioning LEO. TIA

GC
    =============================

I will see what I can find. Will probably just contact the AG of WVA & ask.

Exclamation WV recognition of nonresident licenses

HB 3314, effective July 10, 2009, eliminates the West Virginia reciprocity law's requirement that a person be a resident of the issuing reciprocal state for the license to be valid in West Virginia. Now, the licensee need only not be a West Virginia resident. Thus, for example, a Maryland resident can now carry in WV with a FL, UT, or VA license.

Quote Originally Posted by WVCDL View Post
    HB 3314, effective July 10, 2009, eliminates the West Virginia reciprocity law's requirement
    Thanks. Great news

GC

Talked to Mr. Smith w/ WVA Attorney Generals Office, they are just waiting for the paper work to be signed by VA so that both sides agree to the reciprocity. He figures another week & it will show the agreement on their web page. But yes it will be so.