Multiple CC Standoff - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple CC Standoff

+1 with Boomboy

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    The one element missing here is the lack of mortal danger. I, for one, would never draw on someone running away, unless they were turning around taking shots at me as they fled.
    Exactly... regardless of who the owner of the "stuff" is... stuff is replaceable. Life isn't.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Boomboy and Azatt you are absolutley correct. It may be a difficult call to make as to exactly "when" you REALLY are in mortal danger (ie: 4 gangsta types are doin the gang walk and coming toward you yelling profanity in the dark of night--no guns, no weapons, no fists, no 2x4's) perceived danger yes, mortal danger no. Have your hand on your CCW yes, bring it out no. Good chance you will be overwhelmed before you can act but there is also a chance you will be presenting your pistol for no other reason than sheer prejudice--hell the 4 gangst types could even be undercover cops. In the house or outside the house, "stuff" is just "stuff"; again being robbed is not something you should have to put up with but, unless the state you are in clearly defines the use of a CCW, appreciate what your state and your police deem"mortal danger" or the appropriate use of your CCW.

4. IMO, based on the story and my understanding of FLORIDA laws, the first permit holder would be guilty of brandishing, possibly assault with a deadly weapon. The second permit holder, having seen another person in mortal danger(being held at gunpoint), should be OK. Morally, I think they are both OK.

This has always been a concern of mine, how do you identify yourself to other permit holders when the lead starts to fly.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

if only the firsr CCW fellow had one onf these there wouldn't have been any problem.

http://www.popguns.com/badge/badge%20images/inlarge.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    if only the firsr CCW fellow had one onf these there wouldn't have been any problem.

http://www.popguns.com/badge/badge%20images/inlarge.jpg
    Do they actually give those out there? lol I'm not sure if it's fake or real! That might help, but that's also another item you have to carry around on you! Also hopefully when you are fumbling around trying to show it to the other person, he/she does not shoot thinking you are trying to distract them somehow!
    "You must prove you feared for your life. Pee in your pants."
    -Someone on this site!

This is a good "what not to do" story. Episodes like this fuel the fire for all the gun grabbers who preach that all CCW carriers are just wannabe cops.

8. While I agree with most of your postings about the first man drawing on a thief that was fleeing, I would have to offer other incite to the second. The second man did not know what to think when he witnessed someone at gun point. In a situation like that you only have seconds to decide good or bad. He may have made the wrong decision to draw before understanding the situation, but he did draw. I live in Utah and for years now have lived in the dark shadow of what happened at trolley square. It was said that more then 30 people had CCW permits in the building and no one did anything to stop it. Ask yourself how many of us on here would be in the 30 that did not act because of fear? This man acted and it still turned out alright. I just don't understand why he still had his weapon drawn when cops showed up. It seems to me he could have figured out what was going on in a minute. So while I agree punishment for the first man for drawing when no one was in danger, I commend the second man for acting when he could have hid or gone the other way.

I'm not sure that if I walked up with someone on the ground with a gun to their back that I wouldn't do the same thing.

That kind of crap happens in Memphis quite often. I'd just let the cops sort it all out.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12