17 45.95%
  • One

18 48.65%
  • Two or more

2 5.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many carry a BUG

perfect combination

glock 23 in a IWB. right hip between 4 and 5 o'clock. and a 340 PD in a desantis pocket holster.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    By the way the late Jim Cirillo carried three. He always said another gun is the fastest reload.
    That's called a New York Reload.

I always carry a 5-shot .38+P in a pocket holster. Sometimes I carry a 92FS and the .38 becomes my BUG.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

IIRC Jim Cirillo was also a big fan of the M-1 Carbine. He had the chamber of his re-throated to feed Remington branded hollowpoints. This makes sense when you consider the use/context for which the M-1 Carbine was designed, a light weight rifle for short range city fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    IIRC Jim Cirillo was also a big fan of the M-1 Carbine. He had the chamber of his re-throated to feed Remington branded hollowpoints. This makes sense when you consider the use/context for which the M-1 Carbine was designed, a light weight rifle for short range city fighting.

Also a gun with pretty light recoil making it a firearm that just about anyone in the family can handle it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yeah, while the carbine was not designed around the idea of law enforcement or home protection, it lends itself well to those roles. I also remember back in the late 1990's gun magazines doing alot of articles on pistol caliber carbine rifles. The idea was that your sidearm would become the backup to your long gun and the two would use comman magazines. I think the idea is still sound, although I don't here it discussed as much these days.

8. Like our permit to carry instructor said-"If you're going somewhere you think you need a back up gun, YOU DON'T NEED TO GO THERE!" Makes a lot of sense to me.

One gun, plus pepper spray, a knife, and sometimes a stun gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Right U R Ken View Post
    Like our permit to carry instructor said-"If you're going somewhere you think you need a back up gun, YOU DON'T NEED TO GO THERE!" Makes a lot of sense to me.

One gun, plus pepper spray, a knife, and sometimes a stun gun.
    The problem with that rational is that I am not clairvoyant so I really do not know where I may need more than one gun any more than I know where I may need one gun. I could reason that if I think I need any gun I should not go there. Pretty soon I might as well stay home.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

10. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    The problem with that rational is...

There's no problem what so ever with that rational. The idea of carrying a gun is for self defense. When you start carrying more than one gun you're getting into the idea of getting into all out gun battles. Places where that happens are places you can intentionally avoid.

Of course, I'm speaking as a everyday civilian. Different story for LEO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Right U R Ken View Post
    There's no problem what so ever with that rational. The idea of carrying a gun is for self defense. When you start carrying more than one gun you're getting into the idea of getting into all out gun battles. Places where that happens are places you can intentionally avoid.

Of course, I'm speaking as a everyday civilian. Different story for LEO's.
    Carrying a gun is for self defense. I just carry two guns for more self defense.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast