17 45.95%
  • One

18 48.65%
  • Two or more

2 5.41%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many carry a BUG

How many carry a BUG

FOR NON-LEO's (sorry, this is for my own decision making process)

I'm curious how many CCL's carry one or more backup gun(s).
    I'm referring to actually carrying, not what is in your vehicle, wife's purse, etc., but actually on your person.
    I presume most carry a knife.

When the weather is cooler and easy to conceal more than one I almost always carry a bug. In hotter weather sometimes.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Frankly the chance of a civilian using even their main carry is pretty small, I've never seen the need for one. Being an LEO would be a big difference however.

My little Kel Tec P3AT is always in my pocket no matter whether I'm carrying something else or not

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    Frankly the chance of a civilian using even their main carry is pretty small, I've never seen the need for one. Being an LEO would be a big difference however.
    There's always a chance, which is why I carry a bug. Do we all have a spare tire in our vehichles?

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    There's always a chance, which is why I carry a bug. Do we all have a spare tire in our vehichles?
    Exactly. Murphy's law dictates that a back up is a good idea. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I usually have my Kahr CW9 in a Galco ankle holster as a BUG. If it's extremely hot outside, the Kahr becomes my only carry piece in an IWB holster. I also carry 2 tactical folding knives.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    If you've lived amongst the gang infested crud in Los Angeles for over 48 years like I did, without the right to CCW and never experienced the need to have a gun, you'll realize simply exercising that right is precious but it doesn't change the fact it's pretty rare for anyone to ever need a gun. Yes it does happen, but you can only live scared so much in life. Approx. 15,000+ people killed last year by drunk drivers could have survived by never using an automobile, but really....

If loading up for bear while roaming the streets of your town makes you feel safer, by all means continue. Bottom line is I feel safe enough with one gun, thank you very much, and is why I voted in the poll as I did.

There's always a chance your main will fail. And there is always a chance your BUG will fail. And your second BUG. And your third. Point being is the need for even one is pretty remote and I risk much more just by driving down the street, catching the swine flu, or slipping in the tub.

I only have a primary... unless you consider the 30-30 or the 20 gauge I occasionally carry in the vehicle as bugs! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast