"Mental Illness" prohibitions on CCW permits - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Mental Illness" prohibitions on CCW permits

Quote Originally Posted by BradAnderson View Post
    In fact, we don't even hear that mental patients were the FIRST victims of the Holocaust, because they're not considered "legitimate victims;" 28 mental patients were subjected by German doctors to something called "Carbon Monoxide Therapy--" i.e. forced to breathe nothing but carbon monoxide;" after this, they were "cured" by no longer being mental patients.
    From this, they decided to try it on Jews.
    They tried in on the Jews, Homosexuals, Gypsies, political disidents, those with birth defects, and other undesirables. Everyone gets to wear an armband. While this is only speculation, if Franco had been convinced to get involved in the war, the Spainish would have had their own holocaust on the Basque people.

Another interesting note, the inverted pink triangle that is used as an identity symbol by the gay rights movement originates from the holocaust. Gay people were forced to wear armbands with a pink triangle as if they should be ashamed of themselves. Now gay people display the pink triangle as a way of saying that they have nothing to be ashamed about. It's a beautifully poetic irrony.

3. Quote Originally Posted by danhammondsr View Post
    The operative phrase in this an most others is, "Been Committed." This means someone else got you committed to a mental institution. Voluntarily seeking treatment is not normally a disqualifier.
    Also, only a judge can commit someone, so this requires due legal process that you're a definite threat to yourself or others. Meanwhile, the "diagnosed with a mental illness" provision simply means a doctor says "it's all in your head--" and could pertain to ANY psychosomatic symptom, which EVERYONE has at some point. If you feel hot and think you might have a fever, and it turns out you don't-- MENTAL ILLNESS. If you have chronic stomach-pains and it turns out to be spasms instead of an ulcer: MENTAL ILLNESS. If you work 20 hours/day and you're stressed: MENTAL ILLNESS. If you're depressed because your family just got crushed right in front of you yesterday: MENTAL ILLNESS.

So you get the picture: it's a medieval hysteria where basically they can cry "wolf" all day, and everyone still believes it-- they always JUMP at the chance to make themselves feel "sane" and superior, even while they call "psychic friends hotline" and play Tarot.

4. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    They tried in on the Jews, Homosexuals, Gypsies, political disidents, those with birth defects, and other undesirables.
    Well of course; the point is that if you can rationalize euthenizing anyone, you can do it against EVERYONE; but notice that the man didn't say "first they came for the mentally ill, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't." It's simply not a popular label like "anti-semitism."

Mental patients are the most unpopular-- and Germany didn't even allow elective ABORTION like we do (while the USA also had mandatory sterilization for "imbeciles" long before Germany did). Thus the USA has extreme fear, hatred and contempt mental illness -- one look at the number of homeless in the USA, is proof enough of this.. not to mention that they'd often be locked up, sterilized, lobotomized, etc. Even Howard Hughes only escaped it because he WAS Howard Hughes; if he was Joe Average, he would have STAYED locked up..

AND Now we have Obamacare.
    As I said earlier in this thread, this whole gun control mania is going to take on a new approach.
    The Obamacare bill has soo many invasions into our privacy and freedom Katie bar the door

6. Quote Originally Posted by vn6869 View Post
    AND Now we have Obamacare.
    As I said earlier in this thread, this whole gun control mania is going to take on a new approach.
    The Obamacare bill has soo many invasions into our privacy and freedom Katie bar the door
    Obama, Biden AND Hillary-- the unholy trinity.

However, the state CCW laws ALREADY open your private medical records for public scrutiny, so that cat's already out of the bag.

But I'm not surprised at all; this was all just a matter of time under our Leviathan regime. Thank God that states are starting to pass sovereignty-laws to put their foot down on the 10th Amendment.
    Naturally, I don't think they go far enough-- but it's better than what they've done so far, which is nothing.

When Supreme Chancellor Palpatine Obama was giving his speach following the passage of the health care deform bill, I was reminded of a quote Natalie Portman made in Star Wars Episode III. "So this is how liberty dies, to thunderous applause."

8. "As to the definition of "mental illness," the law defines as "any nervous or mental condition interfering with everyday life." This is incredibly vague."

This can be a real mess depending on the state in which you reside. Let's say that you go to a Louisiana Mental Health Center. You and your spouse are simply having marital problems and you want to know if a counselor could talk with you. Many of the centers then ask you to complete paperwork for an initial screening. Records are all electronic. You might then see an on-call clinician who tells you that services are so limited that you don't qualify----that the center is mandated to provide services to the chronically mentally ill.

A few months later, you apply for a concealed carry permit. Guess who applied for services at a mental health center? It can be a real ordeal trying to get it straightened out. My advice would be to avoid government agencies for any type of counseling services if at all possible.

9. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    When Supreme Chancellor Palpatine Obama was giving his speach following the passage of the health care deform bill, I was reminded of a quote Natalie Portman made in Star Wars Episode III. "So this is how liberty dies, to thunderous applause."

Actually the allegory was based on Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, which founded "The Grand Army of the Republic..." but if the jack-boot fits.

In NH you must be declared by the court to be mentally ill. No court ruleing, no problem. Isn't it ironic that if you come back from deployment and P.T.S.D. gives you a problem, you can not get a Licence to carry. However, if they want to send you back into theater,That's OK. I'll take a vet with issues over the bad guys any day.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bangba View Post
    In NH you must be declared by the court to be mentally ill. No court ruleing, no problem. Isn't it ironic that if you come back from deployment and P.T.S.D. gives you a problem, you can not get a Licence to carry. However, if they want to send you back into theater,That's OK. I'll take a vet with issues over the bad guys any day.
    Great, if you happen to live there.
    That's not the case in most other states, including mine; you just need to have EVER been diagnosed by ANY doctor. This is purely arbitrary and unconstitutional, but we live in a dictatorship, the question of whose power is considered to be "settled by the Civil War" rather than by actual law.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast