CCW noobie questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW noobie questions

I have not used the supertuck, I use a comp-tac minotaur as my IWB with ability to tuck the shirt. It works great for me, very adjustable and secure. I use it with the Velcro tabs so I don't have two belt clips to hide with a tucked in shirt.

Make sure whatever IWB holster you get has enough material up top that the beavertail/hammer/safety are not rubbing your side causing irritation or safety concerns

IWB carry - use an undershirt if possible, it makes it much more comfortable long term then just against the skin. I started wearing wife beaters under my shirts. Not too bad even in the hottest weather.

If you routinely go with untucked shirt consider OWB instead. Much more comfortable and just as concealed depending on where the bottom of your shirt falls.

+1 on the good belt and you may have to go one size up on belt and pants depending on the size of the gun and holster. You will feel the weight pulling and will have to wear the belt tighter then you are probably used to.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ReadnFool View Post
    Make sure whatever IWB holster you get has enough material up top that the beavertail/hammer/safety are not rubbing your side causing irritation or safety concerns

IWB carry - use an undershirt if possible, it makes it much more comfortable long term then just against the skin. I started wearing wife beaters under my shirts. Not too bad even in the hottest weather.
    Great points! I carry a Taurus Millenium Pro 745. The holster is specific for the gun so the safety rides on plenty of leather holter. No chance of the safety getting flipped off. By the way.. I also have a 24/7 OSS DS (5.25 barrel) that fits the holster perfecty. The 745 and the 24/7 have the same trigger profile so they both fit the form fitted holster perfectly.

Yes, you are correct. A t-sheet make it very comfortable. I always where a T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12