Insult my wife - Page 10
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Insult my wife

hey bamaboy: I do not think, after reading your last post, that there is any further reason to contribute to this thread. You said it all and said it well. Sure any of us would love nothing better than to put our CCW down the idiot's throat and tell him to apologize but it will be the last time you do such a thiing; anyone who wants to argue over what you said had better take a good look at themselves and think twice about CC--if they do not, they will find nothing but grief, legal, and financial woes at the end of their tunnel.

Bamaboy, Thank you for keeping to your word... That very action speaks volumes about character. Good info. So, for all who have read (the entire thread) and who have posted thoughts, both angry and peaceful, heed the advice and warnings by all and choose to use the tool wisely as it is just that, a tool. Not a magic shield or “Easy Button”. I hope that by the blessing of “God” none of us has to make that choice, and all die as old men and women in bed with light hearts and clear conscience…
    Conscience - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. It amazes me how many people on both sides don't realize the fact that no matter how right or badass etc. you think you are....there is most likely someone better or just plain meaner and/or crazier.

I am dumbfounded by the individuals that flip people off at the drop of a hat, or bump into someone without a thought or are just unbelievably rude to people they don't know. Most times they get away with it.....but there will be a time where they do it to the wrong person and the result can or will be traumatic to say the least.

Any one of those people can be a mad-dog killer, psychopath, mean sob or just a good guy having a really bad week and you end up being the straw breaking his back and causing him to snap draw and shoot.

I carry, I am a L.E.O., and I am polite to all and avoid any type of confrontation if at all humanly possible....not worth it unless your life or someone else’s is on the line. Insults/spit not worth it.

Dave

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Mine's pretty much the same, but I have the feeling that someday she's going to write a check that I may have to cash! I dread the day, but I fear it's coming. (Not when I'm carrying, though!)
    Im right there with you guys but shes not my wife and she is on the way out. She is always starting S*** no matter where we are: Movies, Parents house, Formal dinner etc....Just crazy man...My new years resolution is to get healthy. Stress= not healthy... Crazy G/F= Stress.. Hmmm
    -----------------------------------
    ITS BETTER TO BE CAUGHT WITH IT<>THAN TO BE CAUGHT WITHOUT IT

Hey superdutydave: Glad to feel good about your comments. My son in law is an LEO and Army National Guard and has the personality of a *****-cat. It is a shame that many of the posts on the LEO forum topic indicate that there are some LEOs out there who probably should not be LEOs and that many of the posts on the "show your CCWP or not to an LEO" illustrate some of the distrust that many have with the "system". Be safe superdutydave.

7. Kel

thanks for the comments.....guess some of it is age....been there seen it.....ego gets you in trouble more than anything else.

I am paid to be professional and I act accordingly....but regardless....you can be right and still be wrong...both physically and legally.

I for one have too much to loose not to error on the side of caution.....more need to do the same.

Just because you have a weapon doesn't mean you should use it...even if you are right.

Cheers

Dave

8. True Normally you do have to have age but im only 23 and have already realized you HAVE to let things go. If you get into it with every idiot you encounter then your gonna be going to jail alot maybe worse. Plus when your out places where these encounters are most of the time your just trying to have fun anyways. I dont know why people wanna ruin it but thats just how some people are. So just walk away, walk away , walk away, untill you CAN NOT walk away anymore
    HERES A LINK TO A VIDEO ABOUT THIS EXACT TOPIC...Watch it untill the end these guys get what they deserve
    YouTube - Be careful who you mess with
    -----------------------------------
    ITS BETTER TO BE CAUGHT WITH IT<>THAN TO BE CAUGHT WITHOUT IT

As a female, I thought some perspective would be of help. I agree with the majority of comments and opinions stated. Two scenarios I would like to introduce:

I'm walking down the road with a good friend of mine, also female, and my father is with us (we are heading to have breakfast). A guy sitting on the corner of the street calls out some disrespectful remarks. I can't recall exactly what was stated, something along the lines of "hey sexy", whistling, etc. I'm not sure if those were the kinds of remarks you were referring to, but in that instance it made more sense to walk away from the situation. Had the guy approached us, it obviously would have been a different story; but it's not worth a physical, or verbal argument for that matter. In my opinion, the best way to go about it is to walk away, remove your wife and yourself from the situation. As long as she is aware that should a physical issue arise, you would have the ability to protect her (as I'm more than sure she is aware of), I think that is often enough. For me, the only time that remarks being made are an issue is when I am walking alone and I feel that should he approach me, I am physically unable to defend myself. I'm sure wives' and girlfriends' are more than content acknowledging that should an issue arise that you would be able to defend her

A scenario where I personally believe that it is justified to, approach the individual lets say: Granted, this shouldn't be happening at all, but seeing as it did, I'm going to take the opportunity to share my frustration. A friend of a very close friend of mine was at someone's house (whom she knew) having dinner and a few drinks, and a large group of people were there. She was also there with her boyfriend. Later on in the night she began to feel really sick (faint, nauseous, the like) and seeing as she had not had anything alcoholic to drink, this was out of the ordinary. Her boyfriend, who had had way too much to drink and was under no condition to drive, decided that he needed to get her somewhere safe as he was under the assumption that someone had drugged whatever she had been drinking. Being an overly intelligent young man (as so many are today) he decided to drive her back anyway. On the way home she became unconscious. After making it back (a miracle in itself) he called another friend of his to "look after her" seeing as he found the situation all so hilarious as she continued throwing up the remainder of the night. I suppose I have a question along with this scenario. After dumping the current boyfriend (that would be my first approach, other thoughts?), with a very good indication of who was responsible for drugging the girlfriend, how would you approach this matter? Would you approach the individual personally, or would you contact the police? I am very curious to hear some suggestions. I've spoken to some other students (I'm currently in college) with regard to this, and I've received a lot of responses along the lines of "That really sucks", "all part of college" and quite frankly I feel much more strongly towards this issue than a casual "it's all so unfortunate". Am I alone in this?
    I'm secure enough in my self-esteem that I know I cannot handle a 150-pound guy coming at me, but I can handle a firearm to keep that man away from me. -- Maria Heil

Gabby, here's maybe a response that you and others are gonna fault, but whatever. If that happened to my daughter and I knew definitely who the culprit was, I would consider that a serious assault on her and would react accordingly. In the heat of the moment, there very well could be serious physical consequences for the culprit as dealt out by me. If time has passed, and cooler heads have prevailed, a legal (vs. physical) response would occur. Not everyone will agree with this response but I ferociously love my children and woe betide anyone who seriously threatens them in this way. And make no mistake, this is a very serious situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Gabby, here's maybe a response that you and others are gonna fault, but whatever. If that happened to my daughter and I knew definitely who the culprit was, I would consider that a serious assault on her and would react accordingly. In the heat of the moment, there very well could be serious physical consequences for the culprit as dealt out by me. If time has passed, and cooler heads have prevailed, a legal (vs. physical) response would occur. Not everyone will agree with this response but I ferociously love my children and woe betide anyone who seriously threatens them in this way. And make no mistake, this is a very serious situation.
    I fear that I would have a similar response. I believe that I would have the ability to process the situation and contact the police first, provided that there was not a physical altercation with concern to the suspect and girlfriend. Not only have I lost any and all respect for the way her boyfriend handled the situation (he shouldn't have been behind the wheel, she really should have been brought to a hospital seeing as they didn't know what she had been drugged with and she was in and out of consciousness all night), but to me it's a major threat. His obvious intentions were to rape her. Fortunately her boyfriend was there to remove her from the situation, regardless of how poorly I feel about his other decisions, I am grateful that he was with her. I appreciate your concern. I'm pretty alarmed that other students don't share the same concern. For those who chose to attend parties and clubs on a regular basis seem to encounter this fairly frequently, maybe it's a matter of "becoming accustomed". I can only be thankful that I don't place myself in those situations!
    I'm secure enough in my self-esteem that I know I cannot handle a 150-pound guy coming at me, but I can handle a firearm to keep that man away from me. -- Maria Heil

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast