Insult my wife - Page 12
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Insult my wife

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    "what ifs"...I got a million of 'em just waiting to be launched!

Ok, 6Shooter, I copy what you're saying. Here's the $64,000 question: Do you stop the guy from pushing her into the car? Even if it is his wife? How about if she's ASKING for help? How about if she's not asking for help, but is fighting back, obviously not wanting to get in the car?
    Good question... If we witness this act how are we to know that the woman is the assailant’s wife? We assume that she could be the intended victim of abduction in progress. In that case action would, or could be warranted. We would have to assume that the assailant could be armed (with any weapon) and therefore we may have to defend ourselves if need be.

Would the police agree that action on our part for benefit of the victim is warranted? Another good question… LEOs feel free to chime in here…

This is a case where good intentions could create an ugly situation, or save a life. In the case of a person being put into a vehicle forcibly while yelling, any witness would have to assume noting good will come of this. Some action is required. But above all else call the police and make them aware of the situation.

By acting for the safety and benefit of others, you knowingly and willingly have put yourself into a dangerous situation in which you could also become a victim. Ask the police, firefighters, and military folks they do it all the time!!! Good guys die too… If you should become a victim at least the police have been notified. Man, I gotta tell ya JJ, very deep… Good stuff… That’s what Kelcarry was getting at…Peace…Keep it going...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    AH HA!! See!!! I knew it!!!
    Nobody likes a smart-aleck!

Maybe we should start a new thread with this one, 6Shooter, what do you think?

Thinking of what to type here.. Got nuttin... Peace...

Sounds good JJ.
    However, no mention of bowling or purses, that's my one stipulation...

I'm at work and have a big smile on my face. That hardly ever happens here...Thanks for making Friday the 13th good..

OK, here's what I think I would do; I'm sure you guys will set me straight!

I'll assume I'm at the mall with my wife (pretty much wouldn't be there, otherwise). I instruct her to call 911 and give an account of the situation. I then am going to yell at the guy ("Hey, knock it off!), as I SLOWLY approach. At that point, I'm gonna ask the lady if she needs help and I'll inform them that LE is on the way. Now, it all depends on the guy's response. I expect he'll probably tell me to mind my own freakin' business (especially if he's the hubby or boyfriend). Keep an eye on him, stay out of range, and address only the female, at this point. If he continues to try to push her into the car, I get more forceful, if only to distract him (step a little closer, yell even louder at him), being in code red all the time. I guess my idea is to get him away from her, even if he comes at me. It occurs to me that I might slide my jacket aside to let him see my weapon. This is "brandishing", I guess, but I can't see that I'd be prosecuted for it; sometimes you just gotta take a chance. If she starts to walk toward me, and he grabs her, the question is whether she's still basically "safe" (he's not choking or punching her lights out). If she is, then continue to stall, waiting for the feds to arrive. If he pulls a weapon or really starts to ratchet down on her in some very serious way, it's time for Mr. XD to take charge. From there...?

Ok, let me have it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Sounds good JJ.
    However, no mention of bowling or purses, that's my one stipulation...

I'm at work and have a big smile on my face. That hardly ever happens here...Thanks for making Friday the 13th good..
    Geez, bowling with my purse, my favorite pasttime and I can't talk about it?? You're pretty politically-incorrect, ya know? I am a member of the minority group BFGWLTCP (Big Fat Guys Who Like To Carry Purses) and I resent that you're denying me my rights!

OK, man, back to work.

on 2nd thought keep this running here. No need for a new thread. It all fits... What If...

Geez, bowling with my purse, my favorite pasttime and I can't talk about it?? You're pretty politically-incorrect, ya know? I am a member of the minority group BFGWLTCP (Big Fat Guys Who Like To Carry Purses) and I resent that you're denying me my rights!

OK, man, back to work.
    I'm Laughing My F'in A$$ off I gotta run for now. I'll be on later. Peace... I'll need a picture of that...

OK, here's what I think I would do; I'm sure you guys will set me straight!

I'll assume I'm at the mall with my wife (pretty much wouldn't be there, otherwise). I instruct her to call 911 and give an account of the situation. I then am going to yell at the guy ("Hey, knock it off!), as I SLOWLY approach. At that point, I'm gonna ask the lady if she needs help and I'll inform them that LE is on the way. Now, it all depends on the guy's response. I expect he'll probably tell me to mind my own freakin' business (especially if he's the hubby or boyfriend). Keep an eye on him, stay out of range, and address only the female, at this point. If he continues to try to push her into the car, I get more forceful, if only to distract him (step a little closer, yell even louder at him), being in code red all the time. I guess my idea is to get him away from her, even if he comes at me. It occurs to me that I might slide my jacket aside to let him see my weapon. This is "brandishing", I guess, but I can't see that I'd be prosecuted for it; sometimes you just gotta take a chance. If she starts to walk toward me, and he grabs her, the question is whether she's still basically "safe" (he's not choking or punching her lights out). If she is, then continue to stall, waiting for the feds to arrive. If he pulls a weapon or really starts to ratchet down on her in some very serious way, it's time for Mr. XD to take charge. From there...?

Ok, let me have it.
    Oh my, look how much I've missed! I would agree with your approach on this one, take it for what it is. I can tell you for certain that if some guy was trying to shove me into his car and I had no intention of going with him, I sure as hell hope someone would step in! If I was CCW (and therefore had the means to defend myself if the situation got out of hand) I would absolutely step in.
    I'm secure enough in my self-esteem that I know I cannot handle a 150-pound guy coming at me, but I can handle a firearm to keep that man away from me. -- Maria Heil

GabbyDP's last post mentioned something that is part of SC CCWP law--it is called the "alter ego rule". If you see someone in trouble (and this then comes down to imminent death or just a big rough squabble of some sort) and it appears that real life threatening injury and imminent death are possible you can act thinking that if it were you being attacked, that is what you would be doing to protect yourself. As y'all have said, you can never be sure of what is going on in someone else's situation but if it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, where the duck is serious ilife threatening njury, intervention with potential CCW is an accepted option under SC statutes. Still leaves you open to all kinds of legal ramifications. Before you begin this type of intervention, you should be yelling and screaming to attract witnesses, be calling LE, and doing everything and anything to stop the situation BEFORE you lay hands on anyone and certainly BEFORE you even think about your CCW.
    PS: Put me on the list for enjoying this thread and y'all posts.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast