Insult my wife - Page 13
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Insult my wife

The original question is so asinine I can't believe you posted it. First of all what circles do you travel in that you expect someone to insult your wife? Does she have some peculiar physical attribute that would prompt such a thing? Has it ever happened before? Why would you ever want to start a physical encounter of any kind over an insult? People are killed all the time by blunt force trauma or even just fists. You could fall and hit your head on a curb - or even kill him in the same manner. Do you want a lengthy, expensive court trial and possibly prison over an insult? Why is someone as hot-headed as you appear to be even contemplating carrying a firearm? This isn't a game. You are carrying to be able to stop a serious physical threat to yourself (and perhaps others). By just starting such a fight you risk having your permit revoked. Very immature.

In anti-gun New Jersey a couple of decades ago, a Trenton man shot and killed a rapist who was in the act of committing the crime against a screaming girl. As I remember, this took place outdoors, in an alley or other secluded area. CCW was not an issue; I think the citizen ran into his house or business and retrieved his gun. Naturally, the NJ authorities went after the good guy. The jury not only acquitted him, but gave him a standing ovation right in the courtroom.

We all know that state laws differ, but many states permit deadly force to stop a "forcible felony," which includes robbery, burglary, rape, etc.óbut only to stop the crime, not to punish the criminal. If the rapist is running away, the crime has been stopped. I understand that in my state (Alabama) there is not only castle doctrine but also "stand your ground," which apparently means that under some circumstances, you don't have to try to leave the situation (though you probably should if you can).

4. Quote Originally Posted by RyanDro45 View Post
    True Normally you do have to have age but im only 23 and have already realized you HAVE to let things go. If you get into it with every idiot you encounter then your gonna be going to jail alot maybe worse. Plus when your out places where these encounters are most of the time your just trying to have fun anyways. I dont know why people wanna ruin it but thats just how some people are. So just walk away, walk away , walk away, untill you CAN NOT walk away anymore
    HERES A LINK TO A VIDEO ABOUT THIS EXACT TOPIC...Watch it untill the end these guys get what they deserve
    YouTube - Be careful who you mess with
    exactly what I was saying....never know who you are messing with and what they are capable of....those dolts deserved that lesson....they were fortunate that they weren't killed in the process.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    The original question is so asinine I can't believe you posted it. First of all what circles do you travel in that you expect someone to insult your wife? Does she have some peculiar physical attribute that would prompt such a thing? Has it ever happened before? Why would you ever want to start a physical encounter of any kind over an insult? People are killed all the time by blunt force trauma or even just fists. You could fall and hit your head on a curb - or even kill him in the same manner. Do you want a lengthy, expensive court trial and possibly prison over an insult? Why is someone as hot-headed as you appear to be even contemplating carrying a firearm? This isn't a game. You are carrying to be able to stop a serious physical threat to yourself (and perhaps others). By just starting such a fight you risk having your permit revoked. Very immature.
    Hey, yet another troll who doesn't appreciate the value of a good "what if" scenario and who suggests I am hot headed, immature, and shouldn't carry. This is getting tiring. Have you read ALL my posts. No, wait, let me answer that: NO, you haven't.

Well, go back and read 'em; I'm not gonna defend myself and this thread to you. Most have appreciated what was being presented, here.

Short defense, for the record, just so you don't worry TOO much. I have held carry permits from multiple states for almost 30 years, have never even thought of drawing my weapon, and I know exactly what it is for. Oh, and no one has ever done this to my wife. This was a discussion of "escalation" and all the ramifications.

Rest easy, I got your back.

Kill Em! Kill Em with kindness! It took me a long time to figure this one out.( after a couple broken noses) But the ol lady taught me to out phyc. your adversary. Look them staight in the eye and smile. keep your distance. (punching range) don't say anything. watch your back.
    and be prepared to get out of the way. This goes the same for the wife when she is about to be insulted. Get away and watch your back but don't look back. It takes two to argue, remove one and there is no more arguement.
    If there is a s**ty situation starting to occur, find a better one.
    Sorry, just my2 cents
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that it is too low and we reach it" - Michelangelo

Talking

Hard too believe that anyone on this board would have a stronger code of shivery than me. I love my wife more than life it self, thats exactly why you have to pick your battles (especially when carrying). People are ignorant and want to get a rise out of you, its not worth the lawyer fee, going to jail and not being able to see your kids.stuff like that. Now 8 years ago I wouldnt be writing this, id say kick his teeth in.Just my 2cents

Shame on you AvidshooterTX and a heads up and applause for JJFlash. Perhaps if AvidshooterTX HAD ACTUALLY READ the posts, he would realize that we are just exercising the "what ifs" in the world. If someone finds this thread "asinine" go to another thread but don't say things that put the onus of "asinine" right back on you.

I thought it was a good thread, too. It is extreme oversimplification to make out as if the question was, "If somebody insults your wife, can you shoot him dead immediately or do you have to talk to him a bit first?" The thread legitimately explored the proper response to outrageous provocation that any reasonable person would interpret as an attempt to instigate violence. In fact, the courts have had to wrestle with the same concept and have recognized that "fighting words" must be considered in jurisprudence.

Anyway, the consensus on the thread was that, for a variety of reasons, you're better off walking away. So what's the problem?

The Youtube clip was entertaining, but I have to wonder whether it was staged. Something about it doesn't ring true.

I wonder whether the bat the guy pulled from the bed of his truck is on the Amateur Softball Association's list of approved bats. If it's not, he could face additional charges.

shivery?

chivalry?

Taking exception...

I understand the sentiment behind the statements to "steer clear of certain situations" to stay safe in this world. I take exceptions to this type of thinking, however, as it is blaming the victim for the crime. Crime is everywhere. If the whole world were to steer clear of all harmful situations then people may as well not go shopping at the local grocery store, not go to any party of any type, not go to a theater where it's dark, not drive on a freeway where swoop and hits occur, not walk down the street, not go outside to pick up the paper on the sidewalk... All of these places can harmful. Which one would y'all propose that all people avoid? Don't blame the victim for the crime.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast