Insult my wife - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Insult my wife

I remember when I was employed as a security guard (armed, by the way), I dealt with people insulting me and other patrons all the time. I think that whether you're packing or not, conflict resolution is a good skill to have, (althought not necessarily effective if the other person is drunk or high). Especially in my former line of work, people get angry and say mean and hurtful things all the time, but I had to stay professional. If I let my temper get the best of me every time someone said something I didn't like, I would've been out of a job as well as faced charges.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I may be mistaken, but I thought that a lot of the martial arts training included instruction in avoiding conflict. Just because someone is being verbally demeaning doesn't mean that they should get their ass kicked by a black belt (or anyone else for that matter). Having the ability to defend yourself comes with a lot of responsibility, regardless of how the ability is achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I thought that a lot of the martial arts training included instruction in avoiding conflict. Just because someone is being verbally demeaning doesn't mean that they should get their ass kicked by a black belt (or anyone else for that matter). Having the ability to defend yourself comes with a lot of responsibility, regardless of how the ability is achieved.
    You're absolutely correct and I have posted to that effect several times. Just for the sake of general discussion, however, I think if you're being verbally demeaning, you're asking for a black eye, at the least. NOT NECESSARILY FROM ME, but I know plenty of folks who wouldn't hesitate to "correct" you for your lack of respect and good manners.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    ... but I know plenty of folks who wouldn't hesitate to "correct" you for your lack of respect and good manners.
    Would those be members of the "manners police?"

Are a few bad words worth attorney's fee's ?

7. I would never carry a lethal weapon if I definitely knew of situations where, given the oppoturnity, I would refuse to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    I would never carry a lethal weapon if I definitely knew of situations where, given the oppoturnity, I would refuse to walk away.
    Good on you. So, those who carry must eat any and all sh#t dealt out to them at any time by anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    I would never carry a lethal weapon if I definitely knew of situations where, given the oppoturnity, I would refuse to walk away.
    I guess your "Magic 8 Ball" is better at advising you when and where you should be armed than mine.
    I can't recall the last time I got into a pissing match with someone over words. So far I've been very lucky (God please don't interpret my thankfulness as an opportunity to test me), but it could happen in the local McDonald’s, the drive in at Dunkin Donut’s, or the automotive section of Wal-Mart. It’s hard to know when and where confrontation both verbal and physical could occur. I know back in the old days when I was working lot security and assisting at the door at a night club, confrontation was blowing in my ear all night long… I avoid those kinds of places now… Unwed, 21 year old men accompanied by hot girlfriends and who have a voracious appetite for alcohol are about the most volatile species I know of…
    Gotta keep cool when armed or not. Best way to stay alive, unharmed, and un-incarcerated.
    Let the little S&!T be just that...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

10. Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I can't recall the last time I got into a pissing match with someone over words. So far I've been very lucky (God please don't interpret my thankfulness as an opportunity to test me), but it could happen in the local McDonald’s, the drive in at Dunkin Donut’s, or the automotive section of Wal-Mart. It’s hard to know when and where confrontation both verbal and physical could occur.
    Gotta keep cool when armed or not. Best way to stay alive, unharmed, and un-incarcerated.
    Let the little S&!T be just that...
    You are so right. I remember being in an elevator and a guy thought I was staring at him and asked "Hey, am I funny looking or something?" I just said no and averted my eyes. I didn't see any threat at the time and just kept the situation from getting any worse and got off. I'm too old to get into any kind of confrontations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    Why can't you just say, "look buddy, if I wasn't packing I'd kick your ass right now, but I am packing so I'm just gonna walk away". If someone said that to me in a calm collect way I'd probably wait till he turned around and rethink the next time I mock someone.....if I wasn't armed. I'm always armed, so I keep my comments to myself unless its all in fun.
    nononononononono

and....no

that constitutes threatening with a deadly weapon....

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast