Insult my wife - Page 7
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Insult my wife

Hey Hawkeye638: Wish someone could give you an ABSOLUTE answer on your latest "spitting scenario", but no one really can--it always comes down not to the spitter or the spittee but to the legal system and "leanings" on that day of the police, prosecutor etc, if either person wants to file charges. I would think there is room for each person to be charged with something--putting your hands on someone is a no no but is it reasonable once your are spit at? Personal opinion--it is not reasonable for you to punch someone if they spit at you--it is reasonable for you to bring charges against that individual for some form of simple assault (not sure where "spitting" fits into the statutes). Not saying that I would just stand there and take it myself but in the comfort of my computer room it is easy to say so. IT DEFINITELY DOES NOT RISE TO THE LEVEL OF CCW PRESENTATION and if you punch back and it then escalates to CCW, you have a bigger problem explaining your actions.

3. I haven't read all the previous posts so I'm sure this has been said already.

Walk away. Mere words aren't worth shooting someone over. It's not even worth fighting over whether your armed or not. I know it's difficult.

When I was much younger, stronger, and unarmed I would never walk away from any confrontation. Because when growing up I was picked on all the time as I wasn't very tall. My last two years in high school I grew 3 inches and gained 30 pounds of muscle. Mostly from working out and playing football. At 5' 9" I wasn't always as tall as the next guy but at 220 pounds I was someone not to take lightly. So for years I dared anyone to mess with me. A few tried. Some tried and lost. Some put up a good fight and we both lost. Guess you could say I suffered from the "little guy syndrome". Thankfully I grew out of it. Even today I get mad and will stare somebody down. I won't be disrespected or touched. But most people leave me alone and walk away when they realize I'm not an easy target. I'm one of those people that always seem to walk right into the middle of trouble so I really have to watch myself.

When armed, it's our duty whether legally or morally to walk away IF we can. Getting into any potentially violent confrontation with a spouse or child present is foolish. Putting them in danger for any reason other than a life threatening situtation is again foolish.

Using a gun in self defense is tough enough to deal with afterwards not to mention the legal ramifications.

Sorry for the long read.

When armed, it's our duty whether legally or morally to walk away IF we can. Getting into any potentially violent confrontation with a spouse or child present is foolish. Putting them in danger for any reason other than a life threatening situtation is again foolish.
    ^what he said. (Quoted again for truth).

It's a sad commentary to me, all these "what if" threads on shooting scenarios. Seems like some people just seek more justification to use their weapons in questionable situations.
    And I disagree with the above statement about these "what if" SCENARIO threads being an exercise in bloodthirsty gun carriers attempting to justify the use of violence.

This type of "scenario exercise" was strongly encouraged in my CCW and Defensive Pistol training. Playing out the scenaris and having a "plan" does MUCH to build the confidence and ability to react correctly under pressure. As well as helping make sure that the aftermath of a defensive shooting is more likely to be favorable to you.
    Made in USA - Buy American

The Macho thing for guys would be to take action but since both you and your wife have CCW permits, you both know that you are smarter than that. You have covered your back side in case someone attacks. If you pull your gun and hand it to your wife, the other guy may see it and things could escolate.. Better all around would to walk away holding your beautiful wife, knowing you are the better smarter person and he is showing everyone what a jerk he really is:

6. I am the last person that should offer my 2 bits but, if you walk away he will live another day. Hopefully to learn the error of his ways. In my younger days I was a very agressive person. But at 70 I will just let someone else instruct him. I have to agree with most everyone else. Just walk. Live in the yellow and walk away. He could be just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by KenSc View Post
    The Macho thing for guys would be to take action but since both you and your wife have CCW permits, you both know that you are smarter than that. You have covered your back side in case someone attacks. If you pull your gun and hand it to your wife, the other guy may see it and things could escolate.. Better all around would to walk away holding your beautiful wife, knowing you are the better smarter person and he is showing everyone what a jerk he really is:

You obviously haven't met/seen my wife!

Just had to throw that one out there.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    Why can't you just say, "look buddy, if I wasn't packing I'd kick your ass right now, but I am packing so I'm just gonna walk away". If someone said that to me in a calm collect way I'd probably wait till he turned around and rethink the next time I mock someone.....if I wasn't armed. I'm always armed, so I keep my comments to myself unless its all in fun.
    Not a good idea. I read in another forum recently about a young man who was having trouble with several other young men. This guy lifted his shirt to show that he was armed and the other guys jumped him so fast he had no chance to draw. He got his butt whipped severely and his gun taken. Another possibility would be for the guy to taunt you to draw your weapon or worse yet, draw his own. No, I wold not tell him that I was carrying. Some guys are just outright ********** and do not back down. It is best to just walk away.
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose. - Frederick Douglass

9. To me it appears that a person that is that "HOT HEADED" to even think about pulling a gun in a threating manner over this MINOR issue is really not qualified to a "concealed carry permit"

OK, ya'll, my last post on this thread. Gosh, I haven't been so misunderstood since I can't remember when (sniff...). For all you guys who apparently haven't read the whole thread, I am NOT advocating SHOOTING someone for insulting my wife. Sheesh...

This has been presented as an example of escalation. To wit: If I'm sitting in a restaurant, unarmed, and someone severely insults my wife, I'm gonna respond, in some fashion, initially probably verbally. Where it goes from there is where it goes. Most men I know would respond to this situation in like manner.

Now, I'm sitting in a restaurant and I'm armed and someone insults my wife, ANYTHING I say or do escalates the situation and so...

See the difference?

Bye

So... if the consensus is the best course is to say or do nothing, and maybe even eventually just get up and quietly leave if the moron presses it to that, then I wholeheartedly agree!

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast