Insult my wife - Page 8
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Insult my wife

Fear no man, Fear the wrath of God!!... Interesting things are going to happen while on this journey from dealing with man to dealing with God. Make good decisions and keep peace when possible. As difficult as it may seem, allowing ********** to feel like Kings sometimes is the best approach. God will have his way with them all in good time. I do believe he will...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    OK, ya'll, my last post on this thread. Gosh, I haven't been so misunderstood since I can't remember when (sniff...). For all you guys who apparently haven't read the whole thread, I am NOT advocating SHOOTING someone for insulting my wife. Sheesh...

This has been presented as an example of escalation. To wit: If I'm sitting in a restaurant, unarmed, and someone severely insults my wife, I'm gonna respond, in some fashion, initially probably verbally. Where it goes from there is where it goes. Most men I know would respond to this situation in like manner.

Now, I'm sitting in a restaurant and I'm armed and someone insults my wife, ANYTHING I say or do escalates the situation and so...

See the difference?

Bye
    I got the point of this from the beginning JJ so… All that have read and posted have offered their thoughts and feelings on the subject of being insulted vs. being assaulted. The good questions are the tough ones with lots of "what if's". They tend to draw the most fire and elicit the most feedback and varied responses as I believe the questions asked and presented in this thread have. It’s a thought provoking and emotional exercise. Maybe someone who has read this thread will find themselves in one of the situations presented here and will recall one of the messages posted, and act accordingly… Best that can be hoped for…Thanks... Peace…6Shootercarry (Dave)…

4. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    OK, ya'll, my last post on this thread. Gosh, I haven't been so misunderstood since I can't remember when (sniff...). For all you guys who apparently haven't read the whole thread, I am NOT advocating SHOOTING someone for insulting my wife. Sheesh...

This has been presented as an example of escalation. To wit: If I'm sitting in a restaurant, unarmed, and someone severely insults my wife, I'm gonna respond, in some fashion, initially probably verbally. Where it goes from there is where it goes. Most men I know would respond to this situation in like manner.

Now, I'm sitting in a restaurant and I'm armed and someone insults my wife, ANYTHING I say or do escalates the situation and so...

See the difference?

Bye
    JJ, don't take it personal. I don't think the posts were directed at you personally. They were examples of what not to do.

Ahhh...I'm cool. Between being called "hot headed" and "mentally unstable" and having more than one poster suggest I oughta have my permit yanked, I was starting to get my panties in a bunch. So, I took 'em off, and am now running commando, and everthing feels better.

Hey to all my fellow posters: This forum is definitely one of the most cordial and insightful forums of any I have been on or subscribe to. I tend to think that any comments or threads or posts made on this forum will elicit responses that should only be taken as "discussion material" and it is indeed interesting to hear the different "takes" on a subject and the comments that follow. Any of us who contribute to this forum should read all the replies and not take any of them personally nor should we get upset when some replies are just "rehashes" of a previous post; if anything reading all the replies reinforces my opinions on all the "what ifs" and it makes me a better and more informed CCWP holder. Thanks guys

Ahhh...I'm cool. Between being called "hot headed" and "mentally unstable" and having more than one poster suggest I oughta have my permit yanked, I was starting to get my panties in a bunch. So, I took 'em off, and am now running commando, and everthing feels better.
    Errr... Well... ok... Good to have you back... Now get dressed....

It's been one of the better threads I've read. It's all good...

8. Cool

We've talked about confrontations on other threads. Thought I might start a new one to gen up new interest.

Here's the deal: You're carrying and someone insults your wife publicly. To me, that calls for a confrontation on your part. But, now you're carrying. I don't think we can go scuffling around with somebody since that's a good way to lose control of your weapon. Walk away? That would be tough. Hand the gun to your wife? Mine has a carry permit but still...Go deposit your weapon in your vehicle, come back, and THEN smack somebody? Nahhh...If I'm gonna fight, I intend to hit first, hard, and fast; anything else sets you up to lose. So, I don't know...what do we do? I can walk away from some crap, but there are plenty of situations that I don't think I could (insulting my wife in front of me is one of them). I'm interested in hearing from the "brotherhood"...What would you do?
    Good question,

I personally would ask the individual to stop. If he continued i'd ask management of wherever I was to remove him. If they didn't i'd just leave. As much as it pains us we have to be the better person and avoid confrontation at all costs including swallowing our pride.

9. I am a newby at this thread stuff. I hope all are as good as this. It has been a pleasure to read statements from what appears to be insighfull and educated people. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rsdonb View Post
    I am a newby at this thread stuff. I hope all are as good as this. It has been a pleasure to read statements from what appears to be insighfull and educated people. Thanks.
    Welcome to the thread stuff... This is a good one... Just one note: Run commando...JJ likes it better that way

Bottom line is STICKS AND STONES CAN HURT MY BONES BUT WORDS CAN NEVER HARM ME. This simple line clears up any misconception about a "wife insult". If you hit the idiot (whether you are CC or not) after he opens his stupid mouth, you are guilty of assault--pure and simple. Certainly if you are CC and hit the idiot and it escalates from there, you are really in big trouble. I understand where y'all are coming from but this scenario is really very, very simple.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast