What state has the best CCW - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What state has the best CCW

Quote Originally Posted by hibby76 View Post
    It's my understanding that when you have a permit, state laws still apply. For example, if you have a Utah permit and travel to Colorado, your permit is honored as if it was a Colorado permit. You're still required to honor Colorado state law. In the event that there is an "incident", what matters is where it occurred, not which state permit you're holding.

I don't think it matters whether your in CO with a CO permit or CO with a UT permit. I think everything applies exactly the same.

This is my opinion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for your initial question, I think Utah permits give you a couple extra states compared to Florida. Use this map to check it out.
    You need to follow the laws of the state that you are in. For example, the state of UT is silent on the number of firearms I can carry "concealed". If I travel to NM and carry using my UT permit, I'll need to comply with NM law and only carry one firearm "concealed". If in doubt, check with the state you are visiting beforetraveling there. Failure to comply with the local laws willland you in a lot of hot water.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    Arizona has no residency requirements - they issue AZ CCW Permits to US Citizens, period. Regardless of where in the US you live - provided the training occurs in AZ. Recognized by more than half the US and still a very reasonable cost.

AZ is extremely pro-citizen/pro-gun when it comes to CCW and gun laws.

I train many many GI's here near Ft. Huachuca and Davis Monthan airbase. Happy CCW hunting and thanks for serving.
    Maybe I should plan a vacation to AZ. Got any sugestions?

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    Arizona has no residency requirements - they issue AZ CCW Permits to US Citizens, period. Regardless of where in the US you live - provided the training occurs in AZ. Recognized by more than half the US and still a very reasonable cost.

AZ is extremely pro-citizen/pro-gun when it comes to CCW and gun laws.

I train many many GI's here near Ft. Huachuca and Davis Monthan airbase. Happy CCW hunting and thanks for serving.
    Yes Sir, a great place to be a gun owner and enjoy freedom.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

5. I thought I would add to this because I have some recent experience. I applied in person for my FL permit (I am an Ohio resident) and I received it in the mail 8 days later. If you submit your app via regular mail rather than in person it will take 4 to 6 months, so if you find yourself in the area of FL it may be worth the effort to apply in person.

Neal

I am a resident of Missouri and applied for my Florida license via the mail. I got it within 3 weeks, excluding weekends, of course...

Most CCW trainers here in Missouri are also UTAH and Florida permit holders and recommend them.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

7. I serve here in VA. I find VA a really gun-friendly state. Being active-duty automaticly qualifies you as a resident. Being military covers your training,or courses you'd normally have to take.$50.00....2 week wait..PRESTO!!!

I did some casual research on this a little while ago. IMO a Utah permit is slightly better than a Florida permit, but they're both quite good.

If you add a Nevada permit you get Nevada and Kansas (and quite a few redundancies).

After that it seems like you have to go after them state by state where they're available for non-residents.

My CCH here in North Carolina is recognized and honored in 32 states, but it is legal to carry across any state if certain rules are followed, ie.; Keep weapon and ammo separate and locked up, if stopped by a LEO don't volunteer the info that you have weapon on board unless asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    My CCH here in North Carolina is recognized and honored in 32 states, but it is legal to carry across any state if certain rules are followed, ie.; Keep weapon and ammo separate and locked up, if stopped by a LEO don't volunteer the info that you have weapon on board unless asked.
    If you are referring to ß 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms...there is no requirement that the ammo be separate....unless it is a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driverís compartment.

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driverís compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

I am a resident of Missouri and applied for my Florida license via the mail. I got it within 3 weeks, excluding weekends, of course...

Most CCW trainers here in Missouri are also UTAH and Florida permit holders and recommend them.

If you have the MO permit as a resident of the state, why carry another? The MO permit is the most recognized out there, only issue is MO doesn't issue non-resident. My instructor told us the same, Utah and Florida are great, but why pay the extra unless you just don't like the 3 years, $61 deal ($50 renewal + $11 new ID card)?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast