What state has the best CCW - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What state has the best CCW

1. I did some research just for fun, here is what I found.

Most states issue CCW's only to residence in their state; Tennessee, Kentucky, and North Dakota will issue one if you work or own a business in their state, which is great if you can get one because they have 36 to 37 states that will honor this CCW. But for those who don't live there then consider any of these 3 combinations because they are honored in every state that has reciprocity agreements:

1. Arizona, Utah, and Maine
    2. Arizona, Florida, and Maine
    3. Florida, Minnesota, and Maine

If Arizona would just add reciprocity agreements with Washington, Minnesota and Maine, then they would become the universal CCW to own--if Florida were to add those 3 states plus Nevada then it would have a complete set. For those interested, Texas is missing agreements with Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio and Washington.

California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Rhode Island do not have reciprocity agreements with other states and so they are not included in the analysis.

What is your home state? That could have a big impact on what else you want to pick up. For instance, a friend of mine resides in North Dakota and was interested in getting Utah. Well, it turns out the only additional state that acquiring Utah would have given her is Minnesota.

For myself (as an Idaho resident) I have Idaho, Utah, Arizona, and Oregon. That fully covers me throughout the western U.S, except for California, where it's impossible to get a non-resident license (and nearly impossible to get a resident license).

4. What happened to our national right to carry reciprocity bill? Oh well, now that we have conflicting judgements in the federal courts about conceal carry being protected or not by the 2nd amendment, its likely the supreme court will settle that issue soon, just hope they do it before we get any more obummer appointments.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Patriot58 View Post
    What is your home state? That could have a big impact on what else you want to pick up. For instance, a friend of mine resides in North Dakota and was interested in getting Utah. Well, it turns out the only additional state that acquiring Utah would have given her is Minnesota.

For myself (as an Idaho resident) I have Idaho, Utah, Arizona, and Oregon. That fully covers me throughout the western U.S, except for California, where it's impossible to get a non-resident license (and nearly impossible to get a resident license).
    Arizona paired up with Utah is the best combination right now, they cover every single state that can be done with reciprocity. Florida ends up leaving Minnesota missing, so I would recommend Arizona and Utah if you want wide coverage, it also provides some redundancy which is nice if things were to change from state to state over time. I live in Minnesota, but I'm moving to Iowa.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234