NO longer required by law to inform LEO if you are carrying in Texas.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NO longer required by law to inform LEO if you are carrying in Texas.

NO longer required by law to inform LEO if you are carrying in Texas.

FYI. In Texas as of this month if you do not inform an LEO when stopped that you are carrying there is no longer a penalty. Before you could lose your license.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

It's funny, the code still states you must display your CHL whenever a Peace Officer or Magistrate demands your Identification. like the previous message states, they removed the penalty. Is that what Al Gore meant when he said there was no legal controlling authority?

I fail to understand the logic in not presenting, even if not asked. LEOs are jumpy on traffic stops because so many of them are killed during the apparently routine stops they process. If I can make the LEO more comfortable - especially if I'm carrying at the time, you can bet your anal pore that I will volunteer the info.

GOT A STATUTE??
    YELLOW TOO RED IN .03 sec.

By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

But voluntarily presenting (especially if you're carrying at the time) is the smart play.

I fail to understand why people are so happy and excited about this...

9 times out of 10 contact with LEO for 'normal citizens' is traffic related, or speeding tickets.

If the LEO doesn't ask, no way I'm telling - thankfully I live in AZ where we've had this law in our favor for years.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Not required to tell LEO in MA. I always wondered why it was that way in the Lone Star State.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    But voluntarily presenting (especially if you're carrying at the time) is the smart play.

Some people value personal privacy more than others do I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post

A police officer is a government employee. As such, they are supposed to be servants of the people. Everyone has to make their own decisions, but I would choose to hold fast to my liberties and not divulge any information that I am not legally required to do.

My state says I don't have to inform, so I don't. I don't care if the LEO gets jumpy, that's his problem. I'm a citizen who knows his rights, and if knowing and enforcing my rights makes a LEO jumpy, so be it.

The only way I would voluntarily present my carry license is if there was an incident that involved me and my gun somehow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast