New member with question

Thread: New member with question

1. New member with question

HELLO ALL!!

I am a MI resident and I live part time in AR. I have been looking into getting a Utah CCW, non-res and the map is a bit confusing on this site.

I click MI as my residency state and then Utah as the CCW state and it says I CAN carry in MI? I know MI is an open carry state so that will not be a problem but am I reading this correctly? I thought MI does not recognize Utah's non-res CCW?

Any clarification would help. I think that when I click on MI, it assumes I have a MI CCW, which I do NOT.

Thank you!

MB

I click MI as my residency state and then Utah as the CCW state and it says I CAN carry in MI?

I think by clicking MI first you are telling the map you have a MI permit...therefore it is telling you you can carry in MI....do you have a MI permit?

Hello, and Welcome to the site from the shore of SC.... I am sure someone here will be able to help you,, I myself have no clue on your question.....
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

MI does not recognize the UT non resident permit however AR does. MI will honor a UT resident permit. I hope this helps.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Michigan does not recognize any non-resident permit/license. However, MI does recognize all resident permits/licenses.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenmich View Post
    HELLO ALL!!

I am a MI resident and I live part time in AR. I have been looking into getting a Utah CCW, non-res and the map is a bit confusing on this site.

I click MI as my residency state and then Utah as the CCW state and it says I CAN carry in MI? I know MI is an open carry state so that will not be a problem but am I reading this correctly? I thought MI does not recognize Utah's non-res CCW?

Any clarification would help. I think that when I click on MI, it assumes I have a MI CCW, which I do NOT.

Thank you!

MB
    You're using the Permit Reciprocity Map wrong! When you click on Michigan and then click Resident you're telling the map software that you have a "Resident Michigan CCW". What you should be doing is click Utah and than Non-resident. You'll see that the Utah non-resident permit is not recognized in Michigan. I have a Utah non-resident permit which is not recognized in Michigan but my resident Arizona permit is. I hope that this helps.
    MOLON LABE